Youtube, facebook, browser, and other REALLY annoying problems

Last Updated:

1. Jon25Z

Jon25Z New Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this seems like a repost but I've searched for similar problems and can't find anything. I'm new to this forum, as well as using a smartphone, so...yes, I'm a noob.

Everytime I search for a music vid on youtube, it only results with live performances, not an actual music video, even when I type in "official music video" I get random and live results of stuff that has nothing to do with what I searched for. Also when I go directly to the site, it asks to view vids with the browser, but nothing happens becauuse of flash player. Any help?

When I first got my droid, the internet worked great, now its slower than dial up. Help?

And face book problems suck so bad I have to type in facebook.com everytime, even then, it keeps directing me to touch, and mobile. Help?

I know some of you are having sim problems with facebook, actual help would be great, I don't know how to disable viewing in mobile only.

Thank you foor ur help if u can!

Again, I know I'm a noob. I just don't wanna turn into a droid hater. These problems seem fixable.

Advertisement
  2. DaygosDankest

DaygosDankest Well-Known Member

"Everytime I search for a music vid on youtube, it only results with live performances"

Youtube's mobile search engine is filtered. You just have to deal with it, it's not the phones fault. What I suggest if you cannot find what you are looking for is: Go to the full site of youtube, do your search, find what you want, copy the link, go back to the mobile site (so when you enter the lnik it takes you to the mobile site), then enter the link into your webrowser. Sometimes, for some reason or another. Some videos are not available on your phone.

"And face book problems suck so bad I have to type in facebook.com everytime, even then, it keeps directing me to touch, and mobile. Help?"

Click full site at the bottom.

3. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Internet speeds will depend on the load on the network in your area at the time you're surfing. At 3G speeds, the Droid is definitely bandwidth limited (the CPU is waiting on the data to render the page). Try downloading the Ookla Speedtest app in the market and doing a quick diagnostics on how quick/slow the speeds are in your area.

As for facebook, if you don't like the app and want to use it in the browser, I suggest:

lite.facebook.com

If you like it, just bookmark it and you won't have to retype it all the time.

4. Jon25Z

Hmmm, thanks

5. mrdeadhead

mrdeadhead Active Member

youtube results can always be iffy, like someone else mentioned they're censored on the mobile version for god knows what reason. you could just do a regular search and when it comes up in google if the video you want is there click it, and you'll have the option of opening it in either the browser or the youtube app. but a lot of times you'll find (especially with music) that you won't find the version you want to see because a label doesn't want it up there, that's why you'll find mostly live ones because they're bootlegged and typically the label won't bother with those.

the facebook app works fine enough for me, but if you're on the touch.facebook thing i think there's a link at the bottom of the page for the regular website.

and as for your internet running slow as hell i have no idea, did you happen to fill you phone up to the brim with files (music, movies, apps, etc) maybe the phone itself is just running slow?

6. Jon25Z

Its just that the phone never acted like this when I first got it a month ago... when I search for a video on the full site it comes up with it, but I can't watch it with browser or youtube. I used to be able to, that's why I don't get it.

Example: soundgardens "hands all over" worked with the youtube app that came with my phone. I clearly remember watching it. Now no matter what, I can't. And its highly annoying that when u search for ANYTHING, the results are way way off.

I did a battery pull and facebook seems to be ok

I've never downloaded anything on my phone. Just pandora and weatherbug. No music or videos.

7. mrdeadhead

mrdeadhead Active Member

maybe try going through your application settings and clearing out any cached data, and possibly just give it a reboot.
    and how's your connection (3g/wireless) maybe the network's just running slow