• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Youtube flash problem

Jamminen

Lurker
Jun 20, 2012
I have an interesting problem: Youtube flash videos (everyone i have tried) stops after a minute or so. Of course referring to desktop mode in a browser. Video window just goes white with a circled play-arrow in the middle of it. And mostly it requires a reload or restart to get the video playing again, from the beginning. I have tried 5 or 6 different browsers, 3 different adobe flash versions... Mobile app works, so does html5 videos, and, what's most strange, so does flash videos on other sites. Even watched a couple of episodes which lasted 50min each, with no problem. Seems to be only Youtube.

My phone is Huawei u8800 (ideos x5), with miui rom and overclocked to 1ghz, tried with stock frequency too. I tried to search topics about this but didn't find quite the same problem. It doesn't seem to matter if i'm looking windowed or fullscreen videos, still the same. And i'm keeping the device awake.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones