• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

YouTube is becoming unbearable

I must be even more senile than I thought, because I would've sworn I'd already replied to this thread. :thinking:

Anyway...I've experienced all the same things others have mentioned with YT--sputtering, caching, stopping, choppy play, audio/video not in sync, etc. But all of that was when accessing it via computers or phones. Then last year I finally upgraded my DirecTV equipment, getting an HD dish to replace the old non-HD dish. The HD DVR has all sorts of 'extras' like On Demand--and YouTube. Guess what? Watching YT on it is just like watching anything else on TV. Smooth, full-screen, non-pixelated, non-stop, non-stuttering play. You'd never know that it was YT if you just happened upon something playing and didn't know it wasn't a TV channel. It's so enjoyable, I never even bother trying to watching anything on YT any other way now.

Upvote 0
I must be even more senile than I thought, because I would've sworn I'd already replied to this thread. :thinking:

Anyway...I've experienced all the same things others have mentioned with YT--sputtering, caching, stopping, choppy play, audio/video not in sync, etc. But all of that was when accessing it via computers or phones. Then last year I finally upgraded my DirecTV equipment, getting an HD dish to replace the old non-HD dish. The HD DVR has all sorts of 'extras' like On Demand--and YouTube. Guess what? Watching YT on it is just like watching anything else on TV. Smooth, full-screen, non-pixelated, non-stop, non-stuttering play. You'd never know that it was YT if you just happened upon something playing and didn't know it wasn't a TV channel. It's so enjoyable, I never even bother trying to watching anything on YT any other way now.

Not my experience with the XBox 360 app, that's for sure... Heh.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones