Youtube issues on HTC hero

Last Updated:

1. pvinnie

pvinnie New Member This Topic's Starter

I have several issues with Youtube preinstalled on my HTC hero (3 network UK). As such it plays videos perfectly; but when I need specific useful videos they dont work.

- When I search for particular video; it does not return similar results as I get on youtube on my desktop. That means app is configured to exclude some results intentionally.

- To handle above problem I emailed myself specific youtube video URL; when I click on it, it gives me option to open with browser and youtube app. When i select youtube app it says "Video not found".

- (Indian premier League) IPL matches available officially on youtube (works fine on desktop); however they do not open on youtube mobile app at all. Entire youtube channel is not available. It even does not recognise the channel at all.

- I tried opening other TV shows they are also disabled.....

I dont know if this is done by operator 3 by stripping off functionality or its HTC which did it or Youtube itself.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFzoFrJpVCs&feature=hp_SLN
    YouTube - IPL 2010: Semi-Final 1, MI vs RCB, Full Match
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LjFDR6MS7A

Advertisement
  2. al_mac04

al_mac04 Member

Im in the US, and I have the same issues from time to time. Usually, I have found that if you dont have adequate service (bars) then the videos wont come up. When Im @ work is when I am watching youtube the most from my phone. Being that I work in a building i often dont have good reception but as I walk around or leave out of the office I can normally watch all videos on youtube. Try getting better service by moving around or going to a hotspot & im sure it will clear up.

3. StevenChap

StevenChap Well-Known Member

When some people upload videos to youtube, they disable the "view on mobiles" option hence why some are there, and well others arnt.

But i do get what you mean when you say, if you search for a video, you get different results, it happens on my ipod touch, when i search for lets say," meet me half way - black eyed peas" on my laptop i get mostly videos of it, but on ipod its just a bunch of remixs, which is annoying, same with my hero aswel

4. 02keilj

02keilj Well-Known Member

I keep getting an error for every single video saying 'Sorry, this video cannot be played'. Vodafone AUS, maybe something to do with it running the MoDaCo 3.2 custom rom with sense?

5. burger2535

burger2535 Active Member

I ended up getting tubedroid from the market to watch videos . You can't watch as they download but atleast you can see them.tubedroid also saves them to your phone for later use.

6. Hordriss

Hordriss Well-Known Member

It's not. I had the same issue using an official rom.

7. Doodylicious

Doodylicious Member

I had same issue too with official orange rom. However, I kept trying and trying and eventually got it to play. Not sure what was causing it. Connected to wifi at home during use.

8. pa4ul

pa4ul Well-Known Member

i have the same problem also. They just never want to load though after enough clicks it will play just a pain.