youtube link doesn't play

Last Updated:

1. aolee

aolee Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

do you guys experience problem with playing youtube videos from the browser?

for my htc desire... it just, open the youtube player with the logo on the lower right corner of the screen - no video playing.

but when i open the youtube app icon and play videos from there. it's working fine.

any ideas?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. aolee

aolee Member This Topic's Starter

hi guys, just to share, found an alternative way to pay it. i've downloaded a dolphon browser and when i played the video. it gave me an option between playing via HTC flash player or Youtube app.

Youtube app played it. but looks like the HTC flash player got some bug in it. it does the same way when using the default interner browser.

thanks!

3. trautsla

trautsla New Member

Hi Aolee... ,, when you sign in to your youtube account and hit desktop, can you still play videos?

4. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

5. mjpartyboy

mjpartyboy Well-Known Member

It depends how the video has been uploaded. I believe there's an option to disable the video for mobile devices, which I'm discovering a lot of people must be doing because I haven't found many videos that play beyond what the YouTube app presents to me. For example:

MotoGP uploaded a video yesterday "Rossi back on a bike at Misano", but it does not appear in my YouTube's app's Subscription updates, so I clicked Menu > My account > MotoGP channel and the video is there with a note underneath the title "This video is not available on mobile." When you try and play it you get "Sorry, this video cannot be played" along with the other note beneath it. If I navigate to this video in the browser I either get the same "cannot be played" message or it just stays on the animated loading icon.

It's really annoying having a Flash enabled mobile device, but being limited to the content it can and can't play, especially as it does play Flash videos, but not if one simple checkbox has been checked.

6. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

yeah, what is that all about? i have a few vids in one of my subs that I can't play because they all carry the tag "will not play on mobile"

Why? That's such a stupid option, why does it even exist.

7. HYCAET

HYCAET Guest

I've just come across a problem with Channel 4's YouTube channel. Basically I can't watch anything 'cos of my location. I don'tknow what I can do?

8. usualwyy

usualwyy Member

Youtube had leave me away for many years
    Cuz our network is behind the GreatFireWall