• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Youtube missing from Smoked Glass 6.01?

DroidJnkie

Android Enthusiast
Dec 23, 2009
In a galaxy far, far away
Hi all,

I installed Smoked Glass 6.01 about a week ago and I REALLY like it. Especially with the Helix launcher.

The only thing is that I seem to be missing my YouTube app. Never mind the HD-default I was promised during installation (I didn't accidentally "uncheck" it, it should have installed), but I don't have ANY youtube app.

Anyone else have this problem?

Or is there anywhere I can simply download the required .apk??

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated!!

When you installed the ROM you were asked what applications you wanted to ADD on one menu and then on the next menu you are asked what applications you want to REMOVE and YouTube is marked to be removed by default. Just make sure and remove the the YouTube selection when you install the ROM. Not sure about installing it after the fact.

Upvote 0
I use to pull specific apk's of apps that I like the look of using adb from the various roms I loaded. Now I just use Metamorph. Easy to review the app posted in the pics by the theme creators and there are so many. Once I find what I want I just install it via MM.

Great way to mix and match... create custom themes. Using well designed elements. With ROM Managers "Permission Fix" script option (at bottom) I never have FC's.

Just an idea...

;)

Upvote 0
To get it back, you could just reflash and make sure to not remove it. Just make a titanium backup of your current apps if you don't already.

sorry, im new to rooting as my current phone is an eris and i'm thinking about changing to a moto droid within the next week or so. so i am researching all things root about the moto droid. what i havent learned yet are of some of the apps/programs that i can use to back up my current saved info/apps/games/settings so that it will stick when i flash/reflash different roms. any ones you guys can suggest? and what does titanium backup mean?

Upvote 0
sorry, im new to rooting as my current phone is an eris and i'm thinking about changing to a moto droid within the next week or so. so i am researching all things root about the moto droid. what i havent learned yet are of some of the apps/programs that i can use to back up my current saved info/apps/games/settings so that it will stick when i flash/reflash different roms. any ones you guys can suggest? and what does titanium backup mean?

Titanium is a program available in the market for rooted phones that will back up your applications, application data, and system data (although I never restore system data as it is better to enter it from scratch after flashing a new ROM). There is a free version of Titanium and a key that is available for a premium version with more features (batch restore for example). The program is a real time saver.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones