YouTube missing

Last Updated:

1. GodCountryND

GodCountryND Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just used the online zip builder from sdx to update to joeys latest kernel and change my theme and now my YouTube is missing. I have used that site before with no issues. Anyone else have this prob? I have tried reflashing even with only selecting YouTube from the list and still nothing. If you look in the contents of the zip they YouTube apk is there but nowhere on the phone.

Little help please....

Advertisement
  2. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. Go into Recovery, browse to /sdcard/sdx/backup/apps (or some combination thereof), and copy the YouTube apk file to /system/app (again, or something along those lines). Reboot to System and you'll have YouTube back.

3. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

The problem is the apps you check on the kitchen are the ones you want to remove, not the ones you want to keep. Luckily as the post above says, they make backups.

4. NOMster

NOMster Well-Known Member

the problem is that i want the hq and i did check that one to be installed. its ther in system apps but its not showing up. when i try to install it wont work either.

5. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

As of this past thursday this youtubehq.apk does install to /system/app/ however there is an ongoing problem with the kitchen (according to the devs its an order of operations issues) that the youbutehq app doesnt work correctly. They are aware of this issue and are working to correct it, please be patient as this issue is worked out, in the mean time you can restore the stock youtube app from your sd card. I would provide a link to the thread i got this info from but the sdx domain seems to be down at the moment.