• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Youtube Network Problem [401]

koorbmeh

Lurker
Nov 10, 2010
I have the Google Nexus One on T-Mobile.

I have the latest update of the YouTube app.

When I open the YouTube app it says "There was a problem with the network [401]".

It doesn't show my own uploads, favorites, or playlists, only shows the error message. It also doesn't show the "Reccomended for You". I've tried clearing the YouTube data and restarting my phone and am still getting the same problem.

I can still do searchs and watch videos though.

Help!? Any suggestions?

P.S. When do I get Gingerbread?! Settings/About Phone/System Updates says: Your system is currently up to date.... No it's noT! Give me Gingerbread! :eek:

I was getting the same message when I was trying to upload a video from my phone. I fixed the problem by going onto YouTube on my computer, signing in with my google account details and setting up a user name for myself. I hadn't done this before, lol! Don't know if that helps at all; I have an Xperia Arc on Gingerbread with the latest update of YouTube, and a relatively new google account (I recently got married and changed my name).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones