• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Youtube not working with I1 in Sprint/Nextel network

rucamana

Lurker
Sep 2, 2010
Hello, I'm new to the forum and new to this device ( Moto I1 ), I acquired at my company to test for future use.
So far found a few problems with Exchange sync Contacts, etc, etc.
The main reason I open this thread is about YouTube, can't play any video. I contact Sprint tech supp and talk to two different persons and no one knows why...
I have unlimited data, calls, everything.... I can open YouTube and see the pics of the video but when I click on it to start playing, droid shows error page not available. Try using Opera browser and show connection failed check your network settings..
Has anyone heard about this issue...
Thank you in advance for your help.

I had to do the following to get my Boost Mobile Motorola i1 to play youtube. Youtube will play best when the i1 is connected to wifi.

Download "youtube.apk" on your computer.
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

1. Connect the i1 phone to your computer.
2. Be sure the phone is in USB mode "Memory Card": Settings -> USB -> Memory Card
3. Copy the .apk file into the "apps" folder.
4. Disconnect from your computer.
5. Run the Setup wizard (found in your applications tray).
6. The Setup wizard has a step to install applications.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice. I just watched my first youtube video on my i1 phone. Service to phone is Sprint/Nextel

1 I down loaded the youtube.apk app to my laptop.
2 From the main screen on my i1 I opened settings pick the USB setting
enable Memory card, laptop recognized my phone once it was
connected to the USB
3 I copyed the apk file and pasted it to my sd card

4. On my phone I went to the market applications and did a search on
installers. I installed the free Rhythm software. It recognized the apk
file and installed the program and youtube is working fine now when wifi
is enabled

Thanks again John

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones