youtube on epic

Last Updated:

1. CrazyT

CrazyT Member This Topic's Starter

I am eligible for an upgrade next week, so I am deciding between the epic and the evo. While at the sprint store the sales guy loaded the same youtube video on both the epic and the evo and it looked awful on the epic and amazing on the evo. Why is this? I was guessing because of 2.2 maybe but hopefully somebody can explain it. Also, feel free to give me a couple of reasons why I should grab the epic. I don't care about the keyboard either. Are the upload speeds and GPS still messed up?

Advertisement
  2. vertcobra99

vertcobra99 Well-Known Member

on the epic if you are not on WiFi you have to manually choose to watch in HD. I think you can also download another you tube app fromt he mkt which also sovles this problem if you don't want to do it manually. But one you watch it in HD it looks just as good as the EVO if not better.

3. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

EVO YouTube apk (works on Droid, Nexus and Incredible) - Android Forums

You can install that apk file and it will make it so theres an HQ (looks sharp) button as if you were on your PC, much easier than flipping through the menus. I'm sure the guy that showed you both youtube videos didn't even bother putting it on HD... lol, go back there and select high quality in the menu and check it out for yourself :p

4. CrazyT

CrazyT Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for the info. I really want to get the epic but some of these threads about GPS and Upload caps are scaring me away. I guess there is just as many issues with the Evo though.

5. Jude72

Jude72 Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as you....trying to decide on which phone. For the most part, I think the current issues with the Epic all have ways to be solved.....with the exception of the upload cap. I'm not due to switch phones until Nov 3rd. I'm hoping they resolve that issue by then. If I'm paying for a data plan, I don't intend on having to rely on wifi to upload stuff.

6. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

Froyo will be out by then hopefully everything is fixed by then

7. kristv

kristv Well-Known Member

I think the upload cap is more solvable than the GPS issue, really. It seems to me like the upload speed has been locked down by Sprint or Samsung (at Sprint's request, most likely) and should be easily changed in firmware/software somehow.

8. hg_lmg

hg_lmg Member

If the upload was was capped by samsung or sprint wouldn't rooting the phone solve the issue? has anyone tried this?

9. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Youtube is awesome

10. PoundSand

PoundSand Well-Known Member

not by itself it won't.