YouTube over wifiSupport

Last Updated:

1. GuitarDemon

GuitarDemon Member This Topic's Starter

I've tried to watch video on YouTube through WiFi (both at home and at work - lunchtimes, obviously ;) ) and have found that the majority of videos bring an error message which reads "Sorry - unable to play video". If I turn off WiFi and try through 3G, they play fine... Does anyone know why this should be? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

No idea, I can only tell you it works fine for me (which is obviously not much help, just thought you'd like to know it is possible).

Youtube themselves don't really know what your delivery mechanism is so its most likely the wifi itself. Could it be that work stops streaming video on their network ?

3. prrhartley

prrhartley Member

I get the same error all the time too. A second attempt to view the same clip normally works ok for me though. On your recommendation I just tried on 3G and it worked first time, so it seems I have exactly the same issue as you too over WiFi.

It's very annoying!!

4. vitapino

vitapino New Member

I do have the same problem, when am under wifi my xoom takes a long time to start playing, then pauses and start buffering,, and then, and then,,,, my PC, laptop, even my cell phone works perfect ( HTC mytouch 4g ) ,,,, so I put my cell as a portable spot and connects my xoom with it,,, and works PERFECT,,,, and where I live is not even 4g speed,,,,, does anyone knows what it could be ??? Thanks

5. AceMathias

AceMathias Well-Known Member

I get the same issue when watching them at home over my wifi too. Have to use wifi at home as the 3g signal in most of the house isn't good enough.
    At work where i can use 3g i don't recall getting the issue.
    Think this has been mentioned before, but no solution has been offered yet.