Youtube restriction?

Last Updated:

1. mannyhernz

mannyhernz Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anybody notice that alot of youtube videos can't be watched?.tried looking for brazilian chicks booty dancing, says it finds results but states no videos found..what's da deal..

Advertisement
  2. splzero

splzero New Member

the youtube app is a little funky. I know it doesn't update the videos as fast as Youtube.com does. Is the same video still up on youtube.com?

3. mannyhernz

But I used to be able to watch them on my evo when I had it..

4. nchargreed

nchargreed Well-Known Member

Yeah I found this to be a problem too. There were videos that I couldn't find using the Android app and other times friends would email me youtube links and I would get a message saying it couldn't be displayed.

I did a query on youtube and the answer was that the owners of these videos had not authorized these videos to be viewed on mobile apps.

I'm guessing that if you can view these videos from other phones, maybe youtube isn't recognizing that phone's application as a "mobile app"???

5. mannyhernz

Try this.search booty..you get results but does not display them..on the evo it did..weird..like some sort of parent lock..by the way I am signed In to my youtube account.

6. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Theres connection issues with this phone. I'll post a video later showing what I mean...

7. nchargreed

I get results...and...I can view/play them.

8. mannyhernz

Wow I couldn't get to play any of them

9. nchargreed

I was just curious to see what would happen. I selected 3 random videos in the top 6. All played. I was able to play them logged in and out of my youtube account. Maybe your account has unknown restrictions, try signing out.

10. mannyhernz

Maybe it's blocking the mature content...i can play regular videos fine...did you try the search for that word?

11. nchargreed

Yes, of course! Isn't that what we are talking about, the "booty" search? Twerkin' and Poppin' and Shakin'?? :rolleyes:

12. Eazail70x7

Skip to 10:30 in this video and you'll see him having connectivity issues. I've experienced this problem as well and hope it gets fixed soon. Its quite annoying when it happens like this. The worst is when you're in the middle of a video and suddenly the cannot play movie pop up suddenly pops up or suddenly the video is stalled and won't play further.

YouTube - Samsung Epic 4G Software Review

13. nchargreed

Sure I see what you mean, I don't use the app enough to have experienced this. Does it happen in all connections, 3 and 4G and wifi? I do know that certain videos just DON'T PLAY and aren't searchable with the youtube app because they don't have play rights on mobile apps, but this seems to be a separate issue.

14. Eazail70x7

Yes, this is a separate issue. I use a work-around to fix the connectivity issue. I toggle airplane mode on and off and that usually does the trick. I can watch the video again. Its an annoyance though. Especially since I watch youtube over 4G everyday! (Can't help it lol)

Also, this issue occurs over 3G, 4G and WiFi I believe. On the video I think he was on wifi and I am always on 4G so it happens to me mostly on 4G. (3g can't play videos without stalling for some reason)

15. mannyhernz

So when you search you get results?..on mine, at the top it shows results but in the middle of the screen it states no results?..wonder if my account is restricted

16. jerbeck24

jerbeck24 Well-Known Member

Mine finds the videos I'm searching for and plays them, BUT it doesn't play the sound unless I shut it off and turn it back on. Then later, I'll try it again and the sound won't play again...

17. flonkas

flonkas Well-Known Member

Oh okay. Does anyone know if you can comment videos ? I've always wondered but never seen a comment button.

18. nchargreed

fortunately, I'm not having of these problems. I'm thinking they might be phone specific.

19. netminder1976

netminder1976 Member

I know if you hit the little i for info you can see comments but not sure if you can leave one, maybe somewhere in that section.

20. vlad_d

vlad_d Member

Just tried it and it came up with tons of results. Nice vids too :)

21. mannyhernz

So I wonder what is wrong with mine?...under settimgs/search filter...what's your setting?

22. Jebus Christ

Jebus Christ Well-Known Member

Any way to set it so that videos always play in high quality. It's not a huge thing but a small annoyance having to click it every single time.

23. Eazail70x7

You can't comment in the youtube app. You have to use the browser verson to comment. I like the browser version better anyhow due to the 4g speeds I get. Its very fast.

@Jebus

Google this: "HQ youtube apk"