YouTube Search Results ProblemsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. KyleBlowers

KyleBlowers Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I've been noticing this problem recently and it's seriously confusing me about YouTube on the Eris (both in app and the mobile site.)

The search results on the Eris for both app and m. site are missing a LOT of results compared to when I search the same thing on my laptop. I chalked that up to YouTube having HD options now like when I searched (please don't judge, it was a favor for my fiancee) "California Gurls".

But tonight the same thing happened when searching "Move On Up"which isn't in HD and I KNOW I've played it several months ago bc it's my recepti on processional for my wedding in September. Now, however, it doesn't show, nor the exact LINK will not play.

After I looked at the search results on both several different videos are missing from the Eris results and I can't seem to find a common thread amongst them.

Soooo any ideas what's up with YouTube and Eris??? Is it just my phone?

Advertisement
  2. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

I've noticed the same thing. have no idea why that is.

3. KyleBlowers

Yeah, it's really really strange... I guess it isn't a widespread problem then. :(

I may go into the Verizon store later this weekend and see if they can give me an answer (doubtful.)

4. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

My experience with the Verizon store people (in the NYC area, anyway) has been this: you can luck out and get a very knowledgeable person to speak with, or get a not-so-knowledgeable person. The problem is that the not-so-knowledgeable ones tend to lie and make up things rather than just admit that they don't know.

In any event, the problem is probably a difference between YouTube's full site and its mobile site. I doubt that it has anything to do with our devices.

btw: you played "Move on Up" for your wedding procession?! Must have been a pretty lively wedding...

5. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Well-Known Member

I just always assumed it was like the Mobile Facebook app that only shows the most popular results instead of all results.

6. KyleBlowers

Okay so going with grvthang's direction I opened YouTube's mobile and searched the same video ("Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up") and the results are quite different...

I don't really understand what m.youtube is showing me. The most popular results?? If that's the case, why can't I find the EXACT clip I'm searching for?? WTF

YouTube Search:
    YouTube - Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up

m.YouTube Search:
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Why aren't these the same??!?!

@grvthang haha! yeah, we're using it at our reception to introduce everyone this September. It's gonna be amazing. Maybe we'll post a YouTube clip of it afterwards that may or may not show up in the mobile site search results.

7. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I'm thinking its because whoever posted the video, or the company that owns the rights to the content (song) has marked the video to NOT play on mobile devices (yes you can do this). Its some legal BS about how you need to have a seperate license to distribute copyrighted media to mobile devices or something like that if your not the original owner of the content.

[​IMG]
    For what its worth, my iPod Touch gives the same results, so its a mobile YouTube thing, and there is not much can do about it.