Youtube & Sprint TVGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Whistlin' Dixie

Whistlin' Dixie New Member This Topic's Starter

Thinking about getting the Intercept for my wife and daughter. Mid-range specs suit them. Since the network speed for rev. 0 is slower than rev. A, when they are on my wifi network at home can they jump on that to browse youtube and sprint tv?

Advertisement
  2. baddubbin

baddubbin Well-Known Member

youtube you can view via wifi. Sprint tv is only via 3g.

3. Whistlin' Dixie

Whistlin' Dixie New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. Don't know how big a deal that is, but sounds like Sprint TV might be better on the Moment, which Sprint is still selling.

4. vbetts

vbetts Well-Known Member

The intercept isn't bad, the slower radio part sucks but the phone is pretty decent. A more optimized version of the moment.

5. baddubbin

yeah, but the intercept has that weird resolution, smaller screen and no flash for the camera.

6. itmike

itmike Well-Known Member

Yeah but hopefully it actually does what it says. I can handle the downgraded radio, no flash, and smaller screen as long as I don't have to deal with the radio lockups. What good is the faster radio on the moment if you can't use it more than 15 minutes at a time with out it bogging down to a halt and locking up. Then not to mention the fact it has to stayed tied to the charger at least for me. I send about 250 text messages a day, and do some web surfing but not much due to the useless evdo a radio. With this usage I have to charge it at every opportunity that presents itself. Like if I take my phone of the charger at 7am in the morning its hitting red by 1pm and from then on I'm tied to a charger for the rest of the day pretty much. Im just lucky I don't have a job that requires me to move around a lot. Hopefully I'm not expecting to much from the intercept. Though being made by samsung I probably am. If HTC ever manages to figure out that some users still like the idea of an actual hardware keyboard, that runs android and a phone that doesn't resemble my gps in my car, I'll be jumping to it in a heartbeat. The only two reasons, I'm trying the intercept is one I'm getting it free through my work place, and the second is blind hope. Though I have a bad feeling that this is just going to be another letdown from samsung.

7. baddubbin

I can understand switching if you get constant lockups.

As far as battery, I never had an issue after rooted. Unless I go crazy with gps or am in a location with really low signal for extended time, my phone easily last from 8am-11pm. with moderate texting and heavy internet.

Hopefully intercept will work out better for you, I have lost a lot of faith in samsungs phone dept.

8. itmike

itmike Well-Known Member

Well I am rooted. The battery is somewhat better but still not great. I just cant handle the moment anymore. If I wasn't getting a new phone it'd be in a pawn shop and I would going to verizon for the droid 2 next month. I may still try to sell both and see if I can get with verizon on a droid 2.