youtube stopped working?Support

1. TheFrigz

TheFrigz Well-Known Member

My YouTube app used to work fine, now I always get "error playing, touch to retry". Using youtube on the internet didnt work either. What gives?

Advertisement
    :
  2. TheFrigz

hmm it seems to work when im on wifi..maybe the 3g was just bad where i was..both times..
  3. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

Mine was playing 3d videos in 2d, i rebooted my phone And YouTube seems seems to work okay now
  4. TheFrigz

It's never working when I'm on 3g only on WiFi, even when I'm in good 3g areas..any ideas?
  5. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

other than soft reset/battery pull, you need to get sprint on it. could be a local issue to you with the 3G service. could be an outage or your data profile could be in need of a refresh.

also , did you look at the tyranny proxy thread? if so did you make those adjustments?
    EarlyMon likes this.
  6. TheFrigz

i have not viewed that thread, nor do i seem to be able to find it :(
  7. TheFrigz

I rebooted my phone and tried a prl and profile update with no luck. Haven't tried a battery pull yet. It's not a local issue because YouTube works fine on my moms Evo 4g. Any ideas, or shoul I just call sprint?
    marctronixx likes this.
  8. marctronixx

sprint. it could still be an issue with your profile on sprints end.
  9. TheFrigz

Ok. Just seems strange because it seems to be only YouTube that's having issues, other 3g functions seem to be working fine. For instance, I'm writing this post on 3g. But ill call sprint and see what happens.
  10. marctronixx

unless you get sprint on the phone to rule out that avenue, we all will still be grasping at straws. just get them involved, have them reset your profile. they may also know of a problem that we do not know.. just a good rule of thumb.

it that bears no fruit, it could be an issues on the phone.

can you stream sprint tv?
    what about nsacar (if you have it loaded still)?

does this youtube issue happen on wifi and 3G/4G?

EDIT: http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-3d/361521-streaming-media-tyrrany-sprint-proxies.html

thats the proxy thread i FORGOT to add earlier.. :( forgive me?? :eek:
  11. thorkon

thorkon Member

Happening to me also...i can watch youtube in the browser but not in the app
    marctronixx likes this.
  12. TheFrigz

finally got a chance to call sprint. they said they didnt have an option to reset my streaming like they did on the Evo 4G because apparently not very many people have complained about 3G streaming issues on the 3vo so HTC hasn't put it out as a troubleshooting option. she told me to take it in to the sprint store for a diagnostics test so we'll see what happens.
    marctronixx likes this.
  13. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

Have you tried going into the app details for the Youtube app and clearing out the data and cache? This approach ends up helping a lot of apps in trouble.
    marctronixx likes this.
  14. TheFrigz

Yes, I did that.

also random question, but if it turns out it's my phone and i have to get a new one, will they allow me to transfer apps that i already downloaded? i got some stuff that was only free for a few days or whatever and i'd really rather not lose it.
  15. atg284

atg284 Well-Known Member

My 3VO was not streaming Youtube on 3G at all. I recently did the proxy fix above and streaming is excellent now.

Just tonight I had to drive across town and decided to test streaming with a long youtube video and it didn't stop once! :D I then tested the XDA netflix app with a video and it didn't stop once either!:D:D
    marctronixx likes this.
  16. TheFrigz

So should I give the proxy fix a go, or should I go for the diagnostics test? then again the answer to this question partially comes from the answer to my last question, i dont want to lose my apps if i have to get a new phone..
  17. marctronixx

lets not lose focus on your thread here.

there is another thread that speaks on syncing your information. in short, you wont lose any personal data and your apps will be in the app store as long as you have your info backed up to your primary gmail e-dress and you have the backup option synced. again there is a thread on this. if you do those thing you will be ok.

do the proxy trick. if it does not work you can restore the values.
  18. TheFrigz

I'm sorry, but I have difficulty finding these threads sometimes... I'll give the proxy fix a try. and some of my apps aren't from the android market, they're from the amazon appstore, which confuses me.. But whatever ill figure it out.
  19. marctronixx

if you remove the amazon app you lose those apps you got from that store. if you need help locating something or if you need direct personal help, by all means hit me offline.. im happy to help.
  20. TheFrigz

k well i called sprint for my MSL code and they wouldnt give it to me, instead he redirected me to another tech support person so i thought, alright i'll try troubleshooting again. this person had me perform a data reset (giving me my MSL in the process). unfortunately, after my data reset, it wasn't just youtube that was an issue. nearly everything on 3G suddenly was having problems loading, and performing the proxy fix at this point was too little too late. this is blowing my mind :|

edit-called again, told this new person about how the person before had me factory reset my data and how it messed up my entire 3G. she eventually troubleshot me through to guess what? the proxy fix. back when i started.

i'm gonna have to take it in to the sprint store now, which pisses me off because i don't know how to get my amazon apps to transfer over.
  21. TheFrigz

Ok i took it into the sprint store, they said it was a known issue with the 3vo and that they've had multiple people call in about it. I found this hard to believe because it seems like no one here is having the same issue. Not satisfied with their answer, i once again attempted the proxy fix out of desperation, and it seems to have finally done the trick! I will report back if any other problems should arise.
  22. viper2510

viper2510 New Member

The proxy fix is the solution for this problem. I had exactly the same problem and the proxy change fixed it right away. I told sprint about it over the phone and they documented my tech ticket and said they would tell customers in the future with the same problem about the proxy solution.
  23. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

It's been prolly 2 weeks since it stopped working on my phone. I don't know what's going and if everyone else is having this same problem, but I noticed that when I try to play videos using 4g, YouTube won't play any videos at all. It just times out and gives me an error. It works when I use WiFi and 3g connections, but quality is kinda bad, I mean my 3g and WiFi are pretty much the same speed, like 1.something MB/s. Everything else works fine using 4g. Is there a fix for this problem? E
    marctronixx likes this.
  24. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Clear the cache on youtube in Menu button > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All and scroll to youtube (should be close to bottom) and clear cache on it. See if that helps.
    marctronixx likes this.
  25. marctronixx

TheNatural85 likes this.