Youtube suddenly stopped working on Android 2.1

1. CorsarioNegro

CorsarioNegro Member

Hi, I have a rooted Samsung i5700 with Android 2.1, and since last night I can't see any videos in Youtube for Android.
    The app loads my favourites, subscriptions and comments, but when I click Play it stays on the 'Loading Video...' screen and nothing happens.

I already tried clearing the application cache, and I uninstalled the Adblock app that I had (the one that modifies your host file).

Has anyone else had the same problem recently? My Youtube app version is 1.6.19(E). I'm afraid the recent layout changes may have changed something and rendered the old versions useless, cause my sister's 2.2 phone has the latest Youtube version and it still works.

Advertisement
  2. Nerewar

Nerewar New Member

I have same problem. I have SE x8, and in last few days videos just keep loading but never start. My youtube version is 1.6.20(E), android version is 2.1 eclair. Any solution? Thanks
  3. dialallama

dialallama New Member

I have the same problem on my non-rooted samsung i5700. I've reset to factory default and still the same problem. Sorry I can offer a solution.