Youtube Username wrong.General

Last Updated:

1. CSMegadeth

CSMegadeth New Member This Topic's Starter

I was able to use the Youtube application yesterday with no problem and login to my youtube account just fine.

Today I tried using the youtube app, and it says my username as this: csmegadeth@youtube.com. My youtube account is registered @gmail.com. It has it saved in the screen, and it won't let me select it to change it. My password says its wrong because it is @youtube.com.

Is there any way to change the saved username in the Youtube app? I have tried clearing the cache and everything in the app itself to no avail.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
    CSMegadeth

(ps, first post from a very happy Eris user!)

Advertisement
  2. CSMegadeth

Anyone?

3. Grizzld

Grizzld Well-Known Member

I'm having this issue as well.

4. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

try going to settings>applications>manage applications> scroll to youtube, click it, clear data and clear cache.

go back into the youtube app, see if you can try again.

5. CSMegadeth

Thanks Caddyman, it worked for me.

+1 rep for you good sir (or madam lol)

6. Caddyman

you are welcome, and thank you :)

CaddyMAN ;)

7. ricedroid

ricedroid Member

hi caddyman,
    i logged into my youtube account fine and everything. and i want to log into my other youtube account but i cant. i tried deleting the cache and data but when i go to my youtube apps into my account it'll say i have the wrong password but the username is still there. what can i do to change the username? thanks

8. Caddyman

if you went to settings>apps>manage apps>youtube> and cleared all that. then im not sure.

maybe try to do that, then reboot the phone, then turn it back on and see if it cleared?

9. ricedroid

ricedroid Member

i tried and still. it'll pop up saying "Google sign-in" then has my username and asking for a password. :(

10. Caddyman

i might be, maybe, that the youtube login is tied to the main account you use to activate the phone.

therefore you would have to clear all that data before signing in. like remember when you first started it up and went to gmail app and entered in your MAIN google acct, that may be the sticking point with youtube if they are in fact linked together

maybe, not sure though

11. ricedroid

ricedroid Member

ok ill try that. thanks

12. ricedroid

ricedroid Member

ok i've figured it out. apparently you have to clear all the data on the apps that are linking to youtube. agghh this is giving me a headache. thanks a lot tho Caddyman. :D:D:D

13. xja

xja New Member

When you say "clear all the data on the apps that are linking to youtube," what apps are those? How can I determine which apps are linking to youtube, as you describe?

I am trying to accomplish the same thing... ie, reset the username that is being used to login into YouTube. In my case, by default, it used the Google Apps email address that I provided on setup, but I need to use my Gmail (ie, gmail.com) address for YouTube since you can't have a YouTube account associated with a Google Apps account (at least as far as I can tell).

Thanks!

14. Caddyman

just go to each listing in manage apps that says something about google and clear it.

15. xja

xja New Member

But will that also clear all my login credentials for Data Sync of Gmail, Calendar, and Contacts (all linked to my Google Apps account)? If it is a choice of syncing those vs. logging into YouTube, I would have to stick with those.

16. Caddyman

Yes it seems it is one or the other I think

17. xja

xja New Member

Thanks. That's unfortunate!

18. ricedroid

ricedroid Member

well you just have to check all the apps with google on it and look under the "Permission" listing and if you see youtube under the permission listing of the google apps then just clear all the data. when you cleared all the data just reboot your phone and it will ask you for your gmail password. and yes all your contacts and such would have been deleted off your phone but after signing in the phone would sync with your gmail account for all your contact and etc. but to make sure all your contacts are in your gmail account you'll have to go check first through your computer and check your gmail account just to make sure you dont delete everything on purpose. after you've done all that then try going back to youtube then they ask you for your user name and password. that's what i did and it worked for me. hope it does for you too. :D:D:D