Youtube video upload, will not work unless on WiFi.Support

Last Updated:

1. larry0071

larry0071 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK,

There HAS TO BE an app to get past this crock of crap! I live in the country, there is no Starbucks and I'm not driving into town to a McDonalds to find a WiFi signal. My 2 year old Imagio of course would blast video directly to YouTube all day long and twice on Sundays. My newest, latest and greatest super hot-rod, 12th degree blackbelt ninja phone stares at me blankly when I say share to Youtube. In it's dumb phone stare is a phrase that keeps telling me to hook up to WiFi and life will be all better again.

What is the application that bypasses this crapy new rule?

Windows Mobile 6.1 and 6.5 can.....
    Droid....not so much!

Advertisement
  2. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

You can upload smaller videos. Only problem....anything more than basically 10 seconds is too large! You have to keep it under 25 mb to send via 3G.

3. larry0071

That truley blows. The old Windows Mobile phone can upload a 10 min video with no problem.

4. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

Well, its not the length of time. The Samsung Fascinate recoreds in 720p, which of course is a large file. Just part of it.

5. ErisYarr

ErisYarr Active Member

This I can understand. I must admit when I first read your post before they moved it I got worried. However since the Fascinate records in 720p the 10 minute video you are trying to upload to YouTube from your Windows Mobile device is much smaller in size then the one from the SF due to the higher quality. A lot goes into encoding something in 720p versus your normal every day format.

6. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

Try recording at a lower resolution perhaps?

7. Gibbyson

Gibbyson Well-Known Member

Yeah, 10 minute video on the fascinate is probably well over a GB video. Lower the quality and you will be able to upload it.

8. larry0071

I just took a 1 Min 50 second video, 120 MB and it will not upload. It keeps saying "waiting to retry in 5 minutes".

So what, there is no way to send from the phone to Youtube in HD?