Youtube videos not playingSupport

Last Updated:

1. mersault

mersault Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

Maybe someone can help me. My Spica won't play any youtube videos at all. I go to m.youtube.com and it loads up.

I can see the various videos and their descriptions. I click on a video, get its page loaded. Click on the little play arrow on the still image to get the video going, and immediately get a 'web page not available' screen.

What am I doing wrong?

Advertisement
  2. Lavene

Lavene Active Member

Do you have the youtube app installed? Not really sure if that's necessary but it seem to me that browsers call it.

Don't quote med on that though... I'm fairly new to both Android and the Spica :)

3. mersault

Thanks for the reply Lavene.

I can't find the youtube app in the market, and it's not on my phone for some reason. Anyone have any idea of how I could get ahold of it?? :confused:

4. Lavene

Lavene Active Member

Actually I was sure it came with the OS. Didn't know that it wasn't available in Market though.

Anyway, here is another shot in the dark from me. Try going to m.youtube.com/app with your phone and see if you can get it there.

5. mersault

Yeah, have no idea why it didn't come preinstalled on my handset. Posted a thread in the 'applications' forum though and someone got back to me and helped me get a copy of the youtube application. All working now :)

Thanks for taking the time to reply though!

6. Lavene

Lavene Active Member

Glad you got it fixed :)

7. operationmindc

operationmindc New Member

i have problems with this its never been solved as far as i know,got a htc wildfire some youtube videos play some dont mostly dont either using the web version or app version of youtube.This is obviously a fault with my phone or just you tube anyone got any idea

8. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Not a country restriction is it? As a UK resident, some USA videos are not available to us.