youtube widget not working?Support

Last Updated:

1. i.have.droid

i.have.droid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My youtube widget has said "connection problem, touch to try again" for over a week and does not work. Anyone know the deal? It gives me this error on full bars 3g, full bars wifi and currently 2 bars 4g.

Advertisement
  2. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

It's been on and off for me too. POS.

3. i.have.droid

Yes, it sucks.

Well on the regular browser I do not see how to activate HD in the videos. Or I would just use that.

4. nomunk

nomunk Well-Known Member

you would think Google would have fixed this problem by now, i had this same problem with the Droid Eris, wtf

im so surprised how Google owned Youtube have avoided this stupid issue for this long, at this point i dont think it will ever be fixed

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

And if we get a browser soon that supports H.264 instead of just Flash, then the whole HQ/YouTube thing is moot and we'll be better off.

6. i.have.droid

It worked when I first got the phone and was awesome. Speak into the mic, find a vid, click HQ and you have the best youtube stream on a cell and can be entertained for hours.

7. pwnst*r

^This.

In the meantime, it'd be nice to have something that worked reliably and wasn't so ridiculously ugly and low res.

8. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish Well-Known Member

Trying changing your YouTube login on the phone if you have one -- YouTube only allows login with your Google account now. This seems to be a recent development, I only noticed today when trying to search in the YouTube app.

9. pwnst*r

I've been avoiding doing that at youtube.com because I don't WANT it tied to my gmail account. Gah, if that's the fix, then I will do it, but I'll wait and see if the OP has success.

10. i.have.droid

i have a youtube account tied to my email. But I don't know how to set that up on the phone..how do you do it? I signed into youtube on my phone browser but that did not do anything.

11. jrstinkfish

Go to Settings -> Accounts and Sync. Find the YouTube account, select it, remove it, and then try to open your YouTube app to see if it associates properly (it should since you have a Google account in that list of accounts already). That's what I did, and it worked fine for me, but that was after I tried to log in to the web page and got the notice about YouTube logins being disabled.

Insomniak likes this.
  12. i.have.droid

Interesting.I do not see a Youtube account under that menu. see facebook..google..weather..news..stocks..twitter...etc.

Quick side question. If I only use peep, do I even need to have the Twitter for HTC synced?

13. EasyEEE

EasyEEE Well-Known Member

Mine is working, but, I am tired of the same videos on the intro page.. GAY GAY GAY and WIN HOT PINK HELLO... *PRANK* WORST SODA.

So tired of seeing those...

14. i.have.droid

any idea why i cant see the youtube sync?

15. jrstinkfish

Not sure. I don't see an option to add a YouTube account, but I definitely had an "@youtube.com" account in that list before I removed it. Have you logged into YouTube using your Gmail address yet?

I mean we may be chasing something totally unrelated here, just saying that once I logged into YT with my Gmail account earlier today, YT on my Evo stopped acting weird.

16. Insomniak

Insomniak Member

I'm pretty sure jrstinkfish is on to something. I was having this same exact problem, but followed those steps, linked my YT and Google account, then signed back in on my phone then rebooted and voila - HQ Youtube vids again. :D

17. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Mine works fine. Sounds like you might have a software conflict. I would do a factory reset.

18. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

Clear the cache, it fixed mine. (settings, applications, manage applications)

I also removed and added back the widget. Not sure if this was needed.

19. FrEaK-a-LiKa

FrEaK-a-LiKa New Member

delete the "YouTube" widget from you desktop screen. go to android market place and download the "YouTube" app (Google Inc.). when it is finish downloading, reattach "YouTube" widget to you desktop

20. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Welcome to the forums!

Going directly to YouTube via the browser is also a good option.