youtube will not default to higher quality. videos

Last Updated:

1. scotth44

scotth44 Member This Topic's Starter

This phone keeps showing normal quality videos and I have to keep switching back to high quality. Also the keyboard is lagging bad when I type this is the Second one I had and best buy will not let me return it again

Advertisement
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

YouTube defaults to normal quality. There is a way to force it to default to HQ, but it requires a lot of rooting and hacking... something that is still a bit beyond me.

3. Xritam

Xritam Well-Known Member

4. Droidmaniac

Droidmaniac Active Member

Sholes (soon to be Droidupdater, I think) does it... watch for it when it comes back around if you are still struggling with learning the fine art of rooting. It's almost automatic, so you don't get the benefit of learning by rooting the old-fashioned way. On the other hand, the screw-up stress-factor is minimized big-time.

5. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

The input on this site is slow on the droid, but not anywhere else that I've found. You can hack the phone as others have said to default to HQ. Bugless Beast does it automatically. Check it out in this subforum:

All Things Root (Droid) - Android Forums

All the info you need can be found there.

Good luck

6. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

GEEEZ I've had Bugless Beast for nearly 2 weeks and forgot all about that! You're right, it DOES default to HQ! Thanks for stirring my puddin' head :rolleyes:

7. scotth44

scotth44 Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I had smupdater then I had to exchange my phone and forgot about the SD card lost everything.and the lag with typing is just on here so that's cool thanks for the help.