• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

drewdaman

Oct 21, 2012
Hi,

I understand that this may be a silly question and will not be surprised if the answer is 'you are on crack'..

I like to use YouTube to listen to music. Is there a way to shut the screen off to save battery while doing this? Locking the phone , stops the music and I couldn't find a setting.

I know that is not the main purpose of YouTube but thought I would ask in case anyone else is as Strange as me and has found a way.

Thanks,
D

^^ thats an excellent mod. I love it :)
If you arent in a position to remove the stock youtube, theres Pvstar+ app on playstore :thumbup:

Thanks for the tip. Nice app, seems to work better than the YouTube app, doesn't buffer constantly. One of the user reviews said you can save videos to watch offline with this app. I didn't see an option for that, is that true?

Upvote 0
Dunno bro tbh. Theres Tubemate.apk app for downloading youtube vids in video or mp3 formats, thats what i use but its been removed from playstore so find and use it at your own risk of course lol :)

I use to have that myself before it got pulled. Excellent for downloading the YouTube that you can't be pained for looking up later :p

Upvote 0
Think i saw someone drop a playstore link for an app that that downloads youtube in the App forum earlyer but i didnt check it out. Il go see if i can find it but to me, Tubemate is a great wee app. Im not even gona think about how hypocritical as a google fanboy i am by using it lol but most of the tunes ive downloaded using it, i either have as obscure german 12" singles in my mums loft/attic or ive owned and lost/damaged as cds :)
Its Google who are the hypocrites if anyone :beer:

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip. Nice app, seems to work better than the YouTube app, doesn't buffer constantly. One of the user reviews said you can save videos to watch offline with this app. I didn't see an option for that, is that true?

If you go to the settings, there's an option to preload videos under WiFi so you can watch them later. I'm not sure whether it actually downloads videos or not, but it definitely saves data consumption.

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones