Yur Welcome Droiderz

Last Updated:

1. jmccarthy14

jmccarthy14 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey. Bored? Want another page to refresh every few hours?

try this

np

Advertisement
  2. BottledHate

BottledHate Well-Known Member

ooooo purdy... note the already known issues in the first comment on the page............:cool:

3. jmccarthy14

None of the issues seem 'phone-breaking.' I'd try it if I didn't have another risky project on an unrelated device. Too much reading to do, says don't use flash_image but I'm not sure of other methods (in the 5 minutes I've been thinking about doing anything root-ish with my phone). Would have to read the wiki.

Anyway, if anyone's comfortable with it, the most annoying part seems to be the SMS notifications, and apparently using handcent/chomp gets rid of those. If not I'll take a look tomorrow when its not 3am.

4. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

I'll wait until the official OTA in January. :)

...And then I'll wait another two days until it has been rooted.

5. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Just too man y issues still!

6. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Yea ... I like living on the edge, but that's just a tad too edgy. Perhaps OVER the edge. ;)

7. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I used it for about 90 minutes, as nice as the animated wallpapers are it's just not worth all the bugs. You can't turn off SMS notifications even with handcent, and other notifications are the same way. The dialer is screwy and doesn't really work right, voicemails are over a hour late. Quite a few other things too, and also when did VZW state the january OTA would be 2.1? I haven't seen anything official regarding it and was under the impression it would be another small update like before.

8. jmccarthy14

Yeah, there is no 'official' january ota. There is supposed to be an update but most figure it won't be 2.1. So if they get this working it could potentially be months ahead for us.

And thanks Perc for lettin us know how it went. Still thinking of trying it as with home++ I barely use notification sys anyway. But wld likely switch back, just want to see what the future holds.

I just have no temptation for the milestone rom since it apparently has no multitouch keyboard, and mt browser and gallery are both on the market, so why sacrafice gps/root?