Yyyahigrt

Last Updated:

1. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

YYYAHIGRT = Yet yet yet another how i got root thread.

Ok well i just wanted to post a tip that i ran across while browsing the various forums. Anyhow here goes.

SD card out, boot into recovery (vol down + power), select recovery, press power, wait for the chime on your pc that it makes when plugging in (or unplugging a usb cable) as soon as you hear the chime, slide in the sd card.

You have to do it right when the chime is heard. Of course this could vary by pc, i'm using an eeepc netbook running windows xp sp3. Just figured i'd post my successful attempt. Hope others find this useful.

I'm using a pny 2gb sd memory card, formatted first with the phone, then in windows explorer to fat and then fat32. Not sure what variable did it, but heres the info in case you were wondering.

Advertisement
    michaelkahl likes this.
  2. tudmf

tudmf Well-Known Member

like in my post and follow up with 10min video. This is the best method IMHO. Still not 100%, not even 5% for that matter, but does work.

Did you do HTC sync from phone first???

3. jwm2

No i just used htc sync to install the driver but didn't run it after that.

4. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

that method it already a thread here... bc i have used that method

5. PossumK

PossumK Well-Known Member

Multiple threads...

6. mdonova33

mdonova33 Well-Known Member

In going to try this later, will post results...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

7. jwm2

I was just commenting on the timing. I've heard 5 seconds from the htc logo and various other times. Its the same method but the timing of the insertion of the sd card is what i was reffering to. Thats the only point of this thread. I found the info buried in a thread on another forum so i figured i'd post it here in case someone else happens to have the same timing.

8. grahamma

grahamma Member

This is the method I used.

A question to the others who have successfully used this method: After using this method to get root, have you been able to use this method to get the adb shell command to work a second time?

I got it once; rooted and installed wifi, but I haven't been able to get it to work again (so maybe I could remove that city app, no big deal though).

Just curious.

I like the acronym for this thread.. Do we need another acronym? TRMHABP (This Root Method Has Already Been Posted). ;)

Edit: Yep threadstarter, others have already noted the importance of timing. The key for me was to push in the card as soon as I heard the noise, but before the white screen switched to the black screen. It's all good, nobody is butt hurt. :)

9. jwm2

Yeah i got in again using the same timing, it took a couple tries but i got back in and was able to remove a couple apps such as city id and etc. I just wish the recovery adb would stick so we wouldn't need to keep doing it over and over when we want to make changes but thats coming i'm sure.

10. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

i have yet to get it to work again

11. mdonova33

Still not working...

12. jwm2

Just remember to keep trying different times when inserting the sd card. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results ;)

13. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member

I finally picked up the PNY 2GB Wally World card today and this method worked first time out of the gate.
    I tried the first two methods prior to this (didn't involve popping the card in or out) and they failed to work but this one sure did! Thanks for sharing your experience.

14. mdonova33

I'm going to try different times when I get home...when do you start the adb shell loop?

15. anvilt

anvilt Well-Known Member

I used the same method, except I held the volume down button and power button while I inserted the card. Worked once for the initial root and again for enabling 802.11n. It wouldn't work unless I did that. I used the stock 2GB card for the initial root and a Sandisk 4GB card for the N. Both class 2.

16. jwm2

You start the loop.bat before booting into recovery mode.

17. mdonova33

Interesting...