Z4 root app question

Last Updated:

1. dnelms

dnelms Active Member This Topic's Starter

Have a new X and in all honesty am a little weary in the decision to root, only due to the warranty. I downloaded the Z4 Root app and it asks for a permanent root or temporary root. Is the temp root just for a session (ie to do some wireless tethering) and the permanent is for good (although I have read that the app has an unroot button. Since this was a latest update, did the temp root replace the unroot button? or is the unroot button tehre after you have done a permanent root?

Thanks for any insight.

Advertisement
  2. DoubleEagle

DoubleEagle Well-Known Member

I use the z4root as well, there is a reroot and a unroot button. The app works flawlessly for me. Just got my first android phone the DX about 3 weeks ago so im still learning! Go slow and read up. Plus there are a lot of people on here that know what's what. I can try to help as much as I can.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Root does void warranty. Sbf restores you, however. Don't load the latest update.however, as there is no sbf. Recovery I'd everything in this game. If you can recover, no one will know your rootedand hog get out of all sorts of trouble!