Z4Root Question

Last Updated:

1. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds This Topic's Starter

Okay I have been thinking about rooting my phone ever since i got it, the Evo is my first Android phone so I'm kinda new to all of this. When Z4Root came out I thought about using it but then noticed that it did not work on NAND devices. The reason I have not rooted is because of the warranty stuff. So I have a few questions I need to ask. I see that with Z4root they have added an option for temporary root which will work on NAND devices, if I do use this will they be able to tell my phone was rooted after a restart, will the temporary root allow me to use apps such as wireless tether for root users, if I root and have insurance on my phone will they not acknowledge the insurance since it is rooted, and if I unroot the phone by restarting will the warranty still be acknowledged.

Advertisement
  2. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

^ what he said

4. wrapkgb

5. An UrgeTo Dance

Okay I guess my main question is if I root and then unroot will they still be able to tell if my phone was rooted, I want to keep my warranty and insurance.

6. wrapkgb

As long as you follow the 2 step unrooting method (s-on tool and the pc36img.zip) sprint will have no idea! Just keep in mind that once you do unroot you delete the files from your SD card.

So just to reiterate and assure you... if you unroot your phone will be completely stock as it was when you pulled it out of the box.

7. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

Unrooting deletes the files or you need to do it manually (if at all)? I'd like to be able to unroot, get phn repaired if needed, reroot, then restore from backup

8. An UrgeTo Dance

So if I use a temporary root and then reboot the phone it will be completely stock or is that when you have a permanent root?

9. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

you are either rooted..or not

it confuses people to refer to it any other way.

1. root your device and keep it that way until you

2. unroot it when you want to do whatever it is you are trying to do unrooted.

3. reroot when you are done with #2

Assume that you will loose everything, all customization and apps etc when you unroot. BACKUP EVERYTHING...FREQUENTLY..not just when something goes wrong

Also keep in mind that while at say service and repair they may upgrade your software etc making it more difficult to reroot.