z4root, then oclf?

Last Updated:

1. turrican

turrican New Member This Topic's Starter

hello everyone!

after a little advice to avoid a second semi-bricking!

i ran z4root and set temporary root on my froyo galaxy s. then i installed oclf tools. phone absolutely hated it! rebooted and got stuck at S logo, then went black and vibrated intermittently. i died inside a little. eventually fixed by booting using 301K resistor trick, and reloaded eclair then froyo using odin.

phew!

anyway i still want the lag fix! i guess where i went wrong here is that i used a temporary root. if i use the 'permanent' root on z4root (which is undoable anyway i understand) recon i'll be ok?

cheers :D

Advertisement
  2. kryzzay83

kryzzay83 Well-Known Member

Yeah that will be fine.

Problem is z4root and OCLF have been removed off the market. :(

turrican likes this.
  3. turrican

i downloaded both of them from market yesterday, no problem. z4root comments say that it was recently put back up

4. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

The problem with rooting your SGS is Samsung will not honour any Warranty should your device fail.
    See the Newsletter that Samsung sent to all Service Centre's here.

As such one can easily understand why Google have twice now removed these Apps from The Market.
    Obviously Google do not want to be seen supporting users who flaunt the ruling from manufacturer's, nor do they wish to be the subject of bad press or class action suits from either Samsung or an individual who used an App hosted by The Market which in the end broke any warranty.

5. turrican

ok, that didnt work. phone rebooted, but no administrative access. any other ideas on how a noob such as me could root a froyo SGS?

6. thompsi

thompsi Member

7. turrican

8. Adroide

Adroide New Member

turrican, I also temporarily rooted then applied lagfix to my sgs and now it doesn't boot. When you relaoded eclair then froyo, did it delete your DCIM folder?

If it did, have you any idea how I can get access to this folder in order to copy the contents.

I've tried DriodExplorer, QtADB & ADB. I can boot the phone into recovery and Downloading modes but I can't seem to mount the sdcard etc. In ADB and with te phone plugged in (& in the recovery mode) adb devices brings up the serial number of my phone followed by - recovery.

If you or anyone could shed some light I and my wife would be very very happy.

Cheers