• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have the Galaxy Tab and was able to root with no issues using z4root.

I also have the Transform, and it will not root with z4root. I have busybox, superuser, and z4root installed - same as with my GT, and when attempting to root, it restarts and is not rooted on restart. I open busy box, and it confirms I am not rooted. Open Titanium Backup and confirms I am not rooted. This sux. :mad:

Any other ideas on how to successfully root the Transform?

Upvote 0
I have the Galaxy Tab and was able to root with no issues using z4root.

I also have the Transform, and it will not root with z4root. I have busybox, superuser, and z4root installed - same as with my GT, and when attempting to root, it restarts and is not rooted on restart. I open busy box, and it confirms I am not rooted. Open Titanium Backup and confirms I am not rooted. This sux. :mad:

Any other ideas on how to successfully root the Transform?

Vampirefo's Kernel on SDX Dev. like Beezie said... No need to be lazy or scared about rooting a phone manually guys, its easy, took me under 10min...

Upvote 0
I just tried the z4root app on my Transform. It goes through the motions and takes about 30 minutes to reboot! Once it's back on it's incredibly slow and doesn't seem to be rooted. As kamgrn says I have superuser and and busybox but no root only apps run. Looks like it's gonna be the Vampirefo kernel for the transform. Anyone tried the Super One Click app or Easy Root on the Transform?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones