z4Root?

Last Updated:

1. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone confirm if the z4Root works on the transform, or is the manual root from the epic still the only way to root the transform?

Advertisement
  2. beezie916

beezie916 Well-Known Member

3. salpiche

salpiche Well-Known Member

Question... does anyone knows of another way to get z4root, I can't find it in the market

4. kamgrn

kamgrn Member

I have the Galaxy Tab and was able to root with no issues using z4root.

I also have the Transform, and it will not root with z4root. I have busybox, superuser, and z4root installed - same as with my GT, and when attempting to root, it restarts and is not rooted on restart. I open busy box, and it confirms I am not rooted. Open Titanium Backup and confirms I am not rooted. This sux. :mad:

Any other ideas on how to successfully root the Transform?

5. [TheAndroid]

[TheAndroid] Well-Known Member

Vampirefo's Kernel on SDX Dev. like Beezie said... No need to be lazy or scared about rooting a phone manually guys, its easy, took me under 10min...

6. kamgrn

kamgrn Member

:) hee hee .. thats probably it .. scared to do it manually. but no more issue cuz i returned it and got the Epic! cant even compare .. but since others still have the transform, your easy 10 minute manual instructions would be helpful ... and a future reference for me :D

7. code101

code101 New Member

I just tried the z4root app on my Transform. It goes through the motions and takes about 30 minutes to reboot! Once it's back on it's incredibly slow and doesn't seem to be rooted. As kamgrn says I have superuser and and busybox but no root only apps run. Looks like it's gonna be the Vampirefo kernel for the transform. Anyone tried the Super One Click app or Easy Root on the Transform?

8. speeder760

speeder760 Well-Known Member

Rooting through vampirefos isn't hard at all so there's no need to steer away fr it