Z4root

Last Updated:

1. jhawk234

jhawk234 Member This Topic's Starter

after I use z4root to root my hero, how do I go about installing a recovery image and a custom rom? thanks

Advertisement
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Download Rom Manager from the market, use that to flash your recover image, then you can back up and flash from there or booting into recovery which is what I prefer ;)

3. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

This is probably a dumb question. I also used Z4Root, but when I try to flash the ClockworkMod recovery image in ROM Manager is keeps giving me an error.

Do I have to download the actual recovery image to the microSD card for ClockworkMod recovery myself? I was under the impression that ROM Manager did that for you. If I flash the alternate recovery, do I have to download that myself? Thanks for your input.

4. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

NO SOUP FOR JAYHAWKS!

Try Flashing Clockwork recovery In ROM manager - If it fails.
    Go to the bottom Flash alternate recovery.

HECTIC.....you know this man.... When you flash a recovery is is hardwired into your phone.
    If it is flashed You Got it!

5. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

I know that, yes. What I meant was do I need the recovery image file on my microSD card BEFORE I flash it for it to flash? :confused:

I was under the impression that ROM Manager had the recovery images self contained. I know that once the recovery image is flashed it is wired into the handset. :D