• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Z992 Stock Rom!

jimwright

Mar 26, 2014
There is another thread here started by amalloggi containing a 'stock ROM' for the Z992, but the file isn't complete, there is no boot.img, and the /system folder is missing MANY sub-folders.

After some effort, I have managed to extract the ROM from a stock Z992 (Avail 2, AT&T), my only issue is that there is no META-INF folder, and I do not know how to make the files contained here, this doesn't appear to be a part of the stock ROM.

That said, there is a Stock Z993 ROM in the Prelude section here, as well as the Azazel ROM also in the Prelude section, both of these contain a META-INF folder, which may work, but I can not guarantee that.

I'm hoping that someone with more information on this folder can chime in here with info on how to create/extract this, or confirm that moving this folder from one of those other ROMS is safe.

Here is a link to the ROM:
Z992-Stock - Download - 4shared - Jim Wight

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones