• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zagg Invisible Shield Installation

I ordered mine directly from Zagg on the 24th and it came yesterday (5/1). I took it over to BB today and it's looking very good so far. It's been on for about 3 hours and I'm not going to power back on for at least 3 more hours. While it did seem a bit excessive ($7.99 install):

- They had spray and I got a sponge (I can't imagine the sponge leaving something on the back of the shield).
- They had a serious little squeegee

The squeegee looked about 3/4 inch on one end tapered down to the thin edge. With that (instead of the little credit card thing) he could put much more leverage on to force out all the bubbles.

Upvote 0
installed my first invisible shield yesterday, I freaking nailed it, took me about 5 minutes. left it sit for 24 hours, no bubbles, no streaks, nothin... turn on the phone, and find 1 dog hair under the invisble shield... damnit!

i noticed it was a little sticky feeling when i pressed hard, but if i just pressed lightly everything felt pretty good. can barely see the orange peel. Its going to be on my phone until the hair either drives me nuts or the protector falls off, but overall im pretty happy with it.

Upvote 0
i ordered one on the 18th just got it yesterday. i put it on my wifes incredible (after reading that steinheil is better, teehee) and i'm gonna order the crystal one for me. it went on easy though, i tried to put her silicone case back on it after a couple hours and the corner started to peel up so it obviously was too early to try that. when is the steinheil coming out anyways?

Upvote 0
I'm having a blast reading these threads about the screen protectors. I installed vinyl decals as a part time job when I was in college and so it took me about a minute to install this shield and there wasn't a single bubble. I doubt I need to even let it dry, hell I should have attempted it dry just to see if I could do it.

If Best Buy is ripping people off for $8/installation maybe I need to hang around the cell phone area and offer to do it for $4. Sheesh.

Upvote 0
I've had the Zagg for a few days and just can't bring myself to leave my phone off long enough to install it. I think I am going to later tonight... can't bring myself to even consider a scratch on this screen... even though it's almost inevitable eventually.

Zagg are pretty tough to install the first time. I've installed four now, including full body ones on the EnV Touch and Voyager... huge waste of times and tough as hell. If you thought the single screen cover is bad, imagine going around corners. However, they really do protect the phone, so it's worth it.

Upvote 0
I bought mine at Best Buy and paid the $7 to have them put it on.

On my way home, I noticed it was put on kinda crooked.

So I, being a tad OCD and all, stopped at another Best Buy. Took it in with my receipt...and they grabbed a new one off the shelf and installed it for me free of charge. The guy there did a much better job...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones