Zagg Invisible Shield or Clarivue?General

Last Updated:

1. maximusw

maximusw New Member This Topic's Starter

What's your vote? They both look like strong contenders but it also looks like the Inv.Shields are thin and stretchy and the Clarivue are more stiff. Wouldn't stiffness aid in easy installation and fewer bubbles.

How do these screens look through polarized sunglasses?

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. jpr18

jpr18 Well-Known Member

3. nut bunnies

nut bunnies Member

Do not use one. They reduce touch sensitivity.

4. ghettosmurf60

ghettosmurf60 Active Member

yea...thats smart

5. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

Ghost Armor all the way. I used to be a huge fan of Zagg's Invisible Shield and had used several on multiple devices with no complaints. Then I had one installed on my Eris... There was a defect in the material that resulted in about a 1 pixel wide, 1 inch long gray streak down the middle of the screen. I had it replaced and the new one had the same issue.

Not sure if I was just unlucky, or if their product has declined in quality, but after 2 strikes I had Ghost Armor installed instead. The product has been much better than the Invisible Shield. It's the same basic material, but with less orange peel. The result is a crystal clear view of the screen with a very smooth touch experience. Ghost Armor offers the same lifetime warranty as the Invisible Shield, although I have had no direct experience with it.

The only knock I have on the Ghost Armor for the Eris is that while the Invisible Shield has a circle cut out of it for the sensor at the top left of the phone, the Ghost Armor's circle intersects the border of the film. This results in a couple of pointy edges which can (and in my case, did) catch on things and begin to peel off.

Also, the template for the Ghost Armor is slightly smaller than the screen of the phone, so when pressing the soft keys at the bottom of the screen, I often press against the edge of the product, which doesn't feel that great and once in a while causes the keys not to register my touch. This issue could have been pretty much prevented if the installer had algned the protector a little bit differently.

Ghost Armor (obviously the phone pictured is not the Incredible):
    HTC Incredible Ghost Armor - HTC - HTC Incredible - Ghost Armor | cases, screen-protectors, shields, skins, covers, armor

6. VGPOP

VGPOP Well-Known Member

And if you drop your phone by accident facing down and get it scratch?

What would you say then?

7. benson304

benson304 Well-Known Member

I am getting the Zagg for now, had a 50% off coupon so it was like $7.50 shipped for the screen protector.

Then I'm probably going to get the SGP anti-fingerprint protector once it's available.