ZAGG invisibleSHIELD problemAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Viralwhite

Viralwhite Member This Topic's Starter

So I purchased the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD when I received my Dinc and the first one after about a month developed a brown "stain" at the top of the screen. It was very noticeable when the background was white, otherwise not so much.

The problem is, I'm OCD about these kinds of things. I figured it was dirt that managed to get underneath the shield or the guy who installed it had dirty fingers.

I used the lifetime warranty to get another one. The installation went fine and it too has been working great for about a month. Now, all the of the sudden I have a brown stain in the center of my screen.

After reading some articles online, I came across one that sounded like it could be it. Apparently there have been a few people who have noticed a "burn in" on the invisibleSHIELD for their Dincs. The brown spot is nothing more then the screen cooking the shield.

My question is, has anyone else come across this? Has anyone else heard of this? This is going to get irritating if I have to continue to send it back and get a new one. I would go "naked" with it, but I'm a professional firefighter and there is just too much risk for "something" to happen on the rigs.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

just checked my ZAGG with white back ground and found nothing. Iv had it for around 3 months .....

I also love it. i work in construction and my Phone get mighty dirty and dusty. i lightly wash and wipe the phone/screen often and it looks good as new.

3. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

There is no way the Inc's screen is going to "cook" the invisible shield. I had the full body kit on my EnV Touch (even on the battery which got hot) and never had a problem. Nor did it do it on its LCD screens. The reason the Inc could never "cook" it is because we have an AMOLED screen. Key part being "LED". LEDs don't produce heat.

4. SimonTuffGuy

SimonTuffGuy Member

You can get a replacement for the small cost of shipping.