Zagg screen protector transferable?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. mik0r

mik0r Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know if the Zagg screen protector can be transfered to another phone? I bought the $20 one from best buy and have been using it for a month now. I am getting a replacement Incredible from Verizon cause mine is bugged. Will I be able to peel it off and reapply to the new phone? or should I complain to VZW and ask for $20 credit/free screen protectors.

Advertisement
  2. CyHawk

CyHawk Well-Known Member

I think zagg has a lifetime warranty on their protectors. Call Zagg, make sure to give them your proof of purchase. Then you can send it into zagg and they will send you a new one. Thats what I did when I had to get a replacement ipod.
    Good Luck.

3. mik0r

Just read in another thread that using a screen protector voids your warranty due to the water based adhesive... I think I may go without a screen protector as my phone is the only thing in my pocket and the only way it would get scratched is if I drop it. If I drop it with our without a screen protector its going to crack the screen either way... Plus the ZAGG screen protector is a bit annoying with its rubberyness fingers dont slide as easy on it.

4. Tonk

Tonk Member

Sounds like a crock to me, screen savers dont void a warranty, theres no adhesive on them, most stick by static

5. Tonk

Tonk Member

You can transfer Zagg to another phone, just peel off phone and wash with warm soapy water, use the spray that comes with Zagg and reapply to other phone. Ive reused mine over and over. Looks like new every time

6. CyHawk

CyHawk Well-Known Member

+1

I have had a zagg on my ipod for almost 2 years. It works great. The zaggs do go on with water. At first, my zagg was sticky, it did not slide very nice, but after a while it broke in and slides much better.

7. johnnyc418

johnnyc418 Well-Known Member

if i dont have anymore spray what else could i use to reapply the shield?

8. mik0r

Interesting. Well I suppose it cant hurt to call them back once I get shipping confirmation to be on the safe side and ask for a credit. then I can try to reapply it or just not use one.

I used to work tech support for Cox cable, we were authorized to give any customer up to a $100 credit without authorization for basically any reason. I'm sure Verizon does something simular so worth a shot.

9. Tonk

Tonk Member

Just use water

10. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

the same thing that's in the bottle....water. It's probably filtered spring water or something but I'm pretty sure it's water.