• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Zagg Screen Protector

So far it's been good for me. I have the full body protection and it works nicely.

4683038529_8c460ec2b1.jpg

4683665694_1b0a397b6a.jpg

4683664800_84dfe63c01.jpg

4683664030_8306a75532.jpg

Upvote 0
Try it, see how it goes for you.

I knew for sure I wasn't going to go Zagg on my EVO.

I have Zagg on my current phone. I replaced it originally for better touch screen response with some inexpensive onve form ebay. Later I bought another Zagg and it's still on there now.

It 'looks' better than the cheap ones but the touch screen is hard to operate when you finger gets traction on the screen.

It may be tolerable fo you. One huge pluss of Zagg is that 'traction' helps keep your phone from sliding around the car or off a table and whatnot.

Perfect for me would be zag around all but the screen and maybe Ghost Armor on the screen.

I bought the GA full body kit and will be installing it tonight if UPS ever drops my phones off.

Upvote 0
Zagg seems to be a love it or hate it kind of brand. I personally like the grippiness it adds. The texture is kind of rubbery. For me that's helpful, but a lot of others prefer something a little more glassy. Putting it on for me was very easy. For the back side, I actually took the battery cover off and did it seperately from the rest of the phone. What was nice about that was I didn't have to worry at all about where the liquid went. There's a few bumps and curves on the back too so it was easier to manipulate. The front of the Evo was very easy. Just make sure you squeegee the moisture away from any openings and have your towel ready to absorb anything. I'm happy with it.

Just remember Zagg has a 45 day money back guarantee, so if you hate it you can return it.

Upvote 0
I'm what might be called a phone whore. Since last February I've had three blackberrys, two pres, two iphones, and a droid. Including my iPad, I've already placed nine invisibleshields on my devices. While I may switch phones and providers often, I live by these things, seriously. I'm treating my Evo like an egg until I can find a good case and a zagg.

Zagg with the Seido hard case = enough protection for me.

Upvote 0
First time zagg user and I like it.

Only problem I had was the installer (I paid the $10 to have the full body install) didn't tell me it was supposed to come with a protective sack (they were out). I got a ding in it during the three day curing period and took it back and he's going to put the screen cover on again once they have the sacks in.

I got one on my wife's phone too and that one turned out pretty well.

I like the feel of it, though I have nothing to compare it to - I didn't use the phone until it was shielded.

I'm actually going to take my laptop in and get that skinned too.

Upvote 0
I've used a Zagg on three different phones. There's ups and downs.

The big selling point of these things is they're TOUGH. Zagg makes some of the most robust screen protectors on the market and they're not bad with glare either. Anything hits your screen short of something that would shatter the glass, you'll be protected with a Zagg. The material they use is the same material that's used on helicopter rotors in the desert to prevent the sand from chipping away at the metal. Good stuff.

The down side is they're grippy and finicky. It seems to depend on your environment. Things like humidity paired with how dry your skin is can make your finger glide across the screen with no problem, or jump across it like rubber on wood. When they work they work great, but when they don't it makes your touch screen damn near unusable. All of this experience is with a resistive touch screen. It might be better with capacitive due to the lack of pressure needed, I'm not sure.

Also, they collect crap over time. You probably won't notice until you pull it off to sell or return the phone, but these things turn brown. Probably because of the rubbery porous nature of the material absorbing oils from your skin. Not a huge con because you won't notice it until the thing is off the screen, but some people are picky.

I would buy one for a phone that I thought was at risk for getting easily scratched, like in a really sandy environment, or a factory that makes things specifically designed to easily scratch stuff. If you don't have to deal with these things, I would go with something a little more smooth and glass like.

Upvote 0
I had bestBuy install the Zagg Maximum Protection on my EVO. I was not knocked out with either the installation or the product. The kid touched the sticky side of the Zagg several times, we weren't in a shower to keep dust down (g), and there are several wrinkles and less than perfect edges. I think I could do a better install, being all OCD about my EVO and all.

The product itself: I've requested a retur. It's durable and all, but certainly does not help with fingerprints, which are making me crazy. This is my first touch screen device.

I have a PhantomSkinz full body set here, but I don't think that will solve the fingerprint issue. I'm thinking about waiting for the Steinheil Anti Fingerprint fron, and I've ordered the Seidio Limited Edition case from Amazon, which I'll compare to the OtterBox if it ever comes out.

Upvote 0
I am returning my Zagg - too much friction. The sprint screen protectors are much better from a phone use stand point and come in a 3 pack. For drop protection, I am using the sprint silicone case. This is a pretty tight fit in my universal holster from best buy, but I am hoping it will stretch with time. Also, my local sprint had a 20% off deal if you buy more than 2 evo accessories (15 for the case, 13 for the protectors before discount).

Upvote 0
mine came with scratches already in the case. :'(

so, it had been on for less than an hour and I already had to warranty a replacement. I don't think it's fair that I have to pay shipping for another case when I didn't damage the first one.

BUT... easiest invisibleshield to put on. ever. one piece. one flat piece. took 2 mins.
If I had gotten the back, would have taken a bit longer, still under half an hour.
My G1 took about 25 for the screen to get lined up and probably about 2 hours for the back and sides.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones