Zagg screen warning, with best buy install.General

Last Updated:

1. gpa111

gpa111 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Really don't like the idea that it is installed with water... but ya know that now after.

The guy who installed it used so much water he turned the water marker half way pink, Verizon said it is still covered but it cant have any more damage.

Advertisement
  2. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Well-Known Member

the invisible shield? I have not heard of anyone requiring water to install this.

3. gpa111

It comes with a water solution to install the screen protector. Has a sponge and the instructions say to get the screen and protector wet.

4. badfrog

badfrog Well-Known Member

yeah, but you shouldn't have to soak the thing! if it was enough to mess with teh water marker and they did it, I would want a new phone, cause that is too much water!

mine installed with the same soap solution, it doesn't take very much.

5. anderson620

anderson620 Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen, only Verizon wouldn't replace it. My Eris is having that problem where it scrolls to the left when it's plugged in; considering the water "damage" and the fact that it has 2.1 installed I have to go through insurance. Oh well, live and learn, I suppose.

As a side note, I tried to have it replaced before 2.1 was installed; the fact that they wouldn't is why I took the leap.

6. Dorito

Dorito Banned

You let some uneducated person making $9.00/hour work on your phone? LOLz, what were you thinking?

7. c00gz

c00gz Active Member

No kidding... I've installed it on 2 iPods, 2 iPhones and another LG phone, and never have I used enough solution to reach the water marker. I'd be worried about it getting in the speaker and stuff as well if they used that much water....

Installing them on an iPhone sucks, btw... stupid corners are really hard to get right.

8. badfrog

the one i have is the Skinomi TechSkin, I installed it myself, was very easy to do and works/looks great.

9. Incredible_Nat

Incredible_Nat Well-Known Member

do it yourself...and u spray a bit of 'mist' from that bottle

10. badfrog

it is basically a soap solution, a drop or two of dish soap in water will work just fine.

11. gpa111

Ya, I did it because they said that they would use as many as needed to get it right. They ended up using 3 to get it. I didn't even know the install process until they were 2 in. The guy used way too much water: I guess that's why we have insurance right? I went to Verizon and they said that it is still covered until the mark is solid red. I will believe that when I see it though.

12. Aookay

Aookay Well-Known Member

We make 10 an hour, thank you very much ;)

If they are using too much water, they are doing it wrong. In fact, they shouldn't even be wetting the phone itself, just the shield. If there is damage due to what they did, you can bring it into the store and get it replaced. We had a few new people who did that not too long ago (who don't worry there anymore =P), and the customer came back to get it replaced. We replaced, our error.

Don't take the action of a few to be representative of the whole :cool:

Like, Dorito is not representative of the whole Android community.

13. DonDraper

DonDraper Well-Known Member

I installed a Zagg screen (bought from good ole' BB) myself. I don't recall if I had to wet the screen directly but it wasn't that bad to install and has been working awesome. Sounds like you need to make a complaint with that store about the install results?

14. meanm50

meanm50 Well-Known Member

Wait...the water tag turns pink when it's wet???? WTF??? Mine came out of the box pink.

15. norm807

norm807 Active Member

I think that is normal, mine was pink out of the box also, so was my old blackberry storm..

16. roth140

roth140 Active Member

the best buy mobile girls have done two for me. the first one had a bit of dirt under the ear piece edge and it got worse so i bought a second.

it works well and keeps the phone safe. they did a good job putting it on. very focused and just enough solution like a window tinter would use.

17. meanm50

meanm50 Well-Known Member

Whew....I was gonna be pissed...I can't return/warranty/replace mine...I don't use Verizon.:D

18. dawynkoop

dawynkoop Active Member

Seems like a good place to ask.. Just got the Eris on Tuesday but didn't like the crap screen protectors they sold at Verizon, the dont cover the entire screen. I've read other places that the screen protectiors cause issue with touch (not as sensitive, not as accurate, etc) how do the Zagg protectors work as far as preserving the function and sensitivity of the screen? Also do they cover the entire screen or just a part of it like the Verizon ones do?