Zagg vs StealthGuard?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Gskellig

Gskellig Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can get the Zagg "Full Body max coverage" for $12.50 and get better protection but risk putting it on wrong/crooked/bubbly

OR I can get the stealthguard which is easier to put on and I get two just in case, also for $12.50 shipped.

Does anybody have experience putting on the "Max coverage" zagg shields? Are they impossible to get straight? Should I just buy the stealthguard one?

Advertisement
  2. thehaggis

thehaggis Active Member

I had a zagg on my iPhone for 2 years with no issues. I didn't have any case or covering other than the zagg screen protector. So as long as you can put it on straight (using either the force or patience) that is my vote.

3. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

I really don't understand where the talk of difficulty comes into play in regards to Zagg's products. I mean, just like anything else you install, as long as you take your time, follow the instructions (which are ridiculously easy) there's no reason to worry that you won't apply it right.

I've never had experience with StealthGuard products, but the first accessory I've ever bought for most of my hardware, have been Zagg Invisible Shields.

4. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Well-Known Member

does Zagg have a anti-fingerprint and if it does how much screen quality does it take away?

5. pchangover

pchangover Member

I had ordered the zagg screen protector for the dIncredible that I ended up canceling and ordered the dX. I bought the stealth guard 2 pack that you are looking at. Though I never put the Zagg on the dInc I really liked what was included. It came with a microfiber cloth, rubber applicator, full instructions with pictures, and a spray-on solution to prevent sticking and to allow you to slide it around to push out air bubbles easier.

The stealth guard packaging is abysmal. It came in a plain white box with the 2 sets of body protectors and a simple sheet of instructions with terrible English... that's it.

I found it really difficult to apply the guards to my dX and the top and bottom pieces for the front half were not cut correctly which is a common complaint against stealth guard. Other than that, it works fine. Though I did take the top and bottom pieces off on my dX because they looked really stupid since some of it was hanging off the edge.

I will probably be ordering from a different company next time.

6. Gskellig

Gskellig Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys. I've decided to go with Zagg.
    Now to decide between Zagg Easy Install or Zagg Max Coverage.
    The Max Coverage has a bunch of pieces to put on, which means more ways to mess up. Probably get the easy install. The screen coverage is what matters most to me anyway.

7. Drachnem

Drachnem Member

Check out my review I just posted. Its in the main forum but might be moved her by a mod. I used Zagg and you can see the pics. It came out damm awesome. I have guys with cases returning them to get this. You have to be looking to tell its even there.