• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zappos vs the competition

pastafarian

Pâtes avec votre foie
Nov 4, 2009
The Sea of Tranquility
Been a long time Zappos customer. Because I have a odd size foot (13/14 EEE), they've been a refreshing change from going to a shoe store and choosing from the max 2-3 pairs that they have in stock. Zappo's didn't have exactly what I was looking for this time around, so I gave one of their imitators, shoebuy.com a try. I ordered a pair of shoes from Zappos and one from Shoebuy at approximately the same time before 9:00AM last Wednesday. The Zappos order was delivered the next afternoon. Shoebuy who claims same day shipping on orders before 9:00AM didn't even have shipping documentation till Friday, was picked up this morning and is scheduled to be delivered next Thursday. The only thing that came fast from shoebuy was several "free" offer emails. Talk about being outclassed!

Been a long time Zappos customer. Because I have a odd size foot (13/14 EEE), they've been a refreshing change from going to a shoe store and choosing from the max 2-3 pairs that they have in stock. Zappo's didn't have exactly what I was looking for this time around, so I gave one of their imitators, shoebuy.com a try. I ordered a pair of shoes from Zappos and one from Shoebuy at approximately the same time before 9:00AM last Wednesday. The Zappos order was delivered the next afternoon. Shoebuy who claims same day shipping on orders before 9:00AM didn't even have shipping documentation till Friday, was picked up this morning and is scheduled to be delivered next Thursday. The only thing that came fast from shoebuy was several "free" offer emails. Talk about being outclassed!

Thanks for the info. Were both pair reasonably priced?

Upvote 0
Pricing was relatively the same as it also was at Shoes.com. Shoebuy had a shoe that Zappos didn't. I was searching on all three sites. When you search for 13 and wide on Zappos and Shoebuy, you get only shoes that are available in that size and width. When you do the same search on shoes.com, you get shoes available in that size AND shoes that come in that width. Really frustrating to find a shoe then discover it's only available in wide width up to size 8. After this shopping comparison (that didn't start out to be), Zappos could charge significantly more that the other 2 sites and still be the better experience...but they don't!

Reactions: argedion
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones