• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root zapX for X

im pretty sure 2.3.15 is the same as the ota

it is not based on the leaked 2.3.15 all system files are ota deoxed.

its built off the leaked .15 from tbh because when it started it said team black hat visit mydroidworld for more info...

no it's based off the ota deoxed file system, some other 2.3.15 files are included from tbh. Rc2 no longer uses these files

Everything works except for my corporate contacts. They are not syncing up.

Yes This Is Fixed In Revision 3 If You Visited The Other Thread Or My Site And Had An Updated Rom Version

Couldn't sync mine either. Calendar synced okay, but contacts would never come through. Commence /restore

fixed in revision 3

Checks For Updates On My Site All. Revision 3 and ADW revision 2 has been posted. Lost of problems have been fixed.

RC2 expected out mid to late next week.

Upvote 0
Yes. The creator said it is important to follow his directions or it wont work. Its in his first post.

I'm running this and loving it - the way around slowly re-updating everything, is to follow the instructions to a T, ie. wipe everything and install from scratch. After a successful boot, do an advanced restore from your Nandroid backup (you did back up, right?!) and restore Data only. This will give you the ROM in system, but give you all your apps and contacts back :D

Reactions: Phone Gnome
Upvote 0
The issues with the animated radars not working on affected only on various apps. These apps seem to be affected because they are either not updated for for froyo or the droid x. Or another undetermined reason. WeatherBug Pro seems to work, Radar Now works. It is an issue of testing of the application. I will be looking for a fix.

For you guys that are requesting a file manager in RC2. I will see if I can put it in the options on Rom Manager.

My Roms are now in Rom Manager Premium.
note you should wipe data until RC2 is released.

Upvote 0
Installed Rev3 (og launcher) and played around with it for about 30min. Overall was impressed, however I wish the Motorola's news feed app was included and Weather Bug Elite worked. Because of those reasons I restored back to what was on there previously.

I do have high hopes for R4 though.

....After a successful boot, do an advanced restore from your Nandroid backup (you did back up, right?!) and restore Data only. This will give you the ROM in system, but give you all your apps and contacts back :D
If I could thank you twice for this info I would.

Upvote 0
The issues with the animated radars not working on affected only on various apps. These apps seem to be affected because they are either not updated for for froyo or the droid x. Or another undetermined reason. WeatherBug Pro seems to work, Radar Now works. It is an issue of testing of the application. I will be looking for a fix.

For you guys that are requesting a file manager in RC2. I will see if I can put it in the options on Rom Manager.

My Roms are now in Rom Manager Premium.
note you should wipe data until RC2 is released.

How did you get weatherbug pro to work?

I got FC's while just trying to launch the app itself, either through the widget, or the standard method. I couldn't get any further than entering my locaiton. After that, I couldn't even open it.

Or are you referring to the fact that you've found the bug, and fixed it for the next release?

I did a full wipe/format, and used a nandroid from a blank install of the deodexe'd .15. I did no restoring from the cloud, or titanium. I also didn't change the wallpaper (so I wasn't using the WB pro live paper).

I did have the widget on my homescreen, though, which is kind of a dealbreaker, if that's the problem.

LP, version 3.

Upvote 0
I realize it's suggested that you do a full wipe, but if I install this over Tranquility, would it replace it, fight with it, or essentially take over?

I know people have installed Tranquility over FlyX and been ok, so I'd really like to understand how the hierarchy works.

Thanks,

--bb

You must follow the directions. If you don't there may be a chance of merging both systems, having double apps, double sounds, things like that. It is never good to install over another rom. That is why a full wipe is always suggest. For RC2 however you u will not have to worry about the data step. And currently I am waiting for Rom Manager to get updated again. I had to change my manifest.

Upvote 0
I've been running this rom for a few days and it runs good..1 random reboot but it seems like my signal strength is worse than with the leaked version...is this possible?

Yep. OTA had a improved stronger radio included.. all the variants being released are based on the earlier froyo leak, which did not have the improved radio.

Thats why I've stuck with OTA rooted so far. I need the better reception.

Upvote 0
Yep. OTA had a improved stronger radio included.. all the variants being released are based on the earlier froyo leak, which did not have the improved radio.

Thats why I've stuck with OTA rooted so far. I need the better reception.

Feom the way he mentions the leaked version, I dont think he was ever OTA and thus signal strength shouldn't be any different.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones