• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

zedge app changed notifications folder

jmanfrini

Lurker
Oct 12, 2012
HI
Ive installed the crap app zedge for download a simple sound, now the android doesnt find media/sound/notifications folder anymore. The system bring to me only default notifications. Im using ICS, dont have no others notifications folder on SD or cell`s memory.
Dunno what to do, dunno where i can set ics to use /media/sound/notifications again.
Pliiis somebody help me

Zedge is a great free app. Sounds like you have hit Zedge in a popup and made it the 'default' app for opening sounds.

Go to Settings, Applications, the 'Downloaded' tab (usually the default). Go right to the bottom of the list to find the Zedge application. When you open it it has several buttons and text. Scroll down to a section called 'Launch by Default' then hit the button 'clear Defaults'. This will delete any defaults set for any file to open with Zedge. Next time you should get a popup again be careful not to tick the check box at the bottom marked "set as default app".

The same principle applies to any other app that has taken over sound, video etc files.

Upvote 0
Zedge is a great free app. Sounds like you have hit Zedge in a popup and made it the 'default' app for opening sounds.

Go to Settings, Applications, the 'Downloaded' tab (usually the default). Go right to the bottom of the list to find the Zedge application. When you open it it has several buttons and text. Scroll down to a section called 'Launch by Default' then hit the button 'clear Defaults'. This will delete any defaults set for any file to open with Zedge. Next time you should get a popup again be careful not to tick the check box at the bottom marked "set as default app".

The same principle applies to any other app that has taken over sound, video etc files.

Hi Dave
Thanks very much for the reply, but no, i didnt.
I took some pictures of my phone to show how strange this is and created a pdf file.
If you can expend a bit of your time to see, ill appreciate.

thaks

Attachments

• android screens.pdf
    515.4 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0
I see what you are getting at. Strange indeed. Seems like you need to do a media scan so android picks up all these again. I don't know how to force this scan except by connecting then disconnecting USB cable to force a rescan. Or load Widgetsoid that has media scan as one of it's options. Seems like it's just missing your files somehow?

Upvote 0
I see what you are getting at. Strange indeed. Seems like you need to do a media scan so android picks up all these again. I don't know how to force this scan except by connecting then disconnecting USB cable to force a rescan. Or load Widgetsoid that has media scan as one of it's options. Seems like it's just missing your files somehow?

Hi dave, thaks for trying to help, but I gave it up. I did reset the phone to factory defaults and back to work... Zedge never more! ;)

Hugs!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones