zedge ringtones

1. glorifiedsins

glorifiedsins Well-Known Member

How safe is zedge? Should I install an antivirus program before using this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Riche101

Riche101 VIP Member VIP Member

Zedge is fine but it's worth having AV protection anyway
  3. glorifiedsins

Do you know of a good AV that wont slow my system down like crazy or hog the ram?
  4. flatlander

flatlander Well-Known Member

Zedge is a good program have had it for several months. I use Lookout for protection
  5. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

The best protection for your phone is to follow the instructions in this thread: http://androidforums.com/android-ap...ps-avoid-viruses-guide-those-new-android.html. So-called antivirus apps generally look for malware that is already well known and long since removed from the Market, although some have useful features for locating or wiping lost phones.

Zedge is a well established app that has been used by a large number of people without problems.
  6. glorifiedsins

Yeah I follow those guidelines, I'm just new to android and wanting to be cautious. I've noticed that since downloading a few ringtones I now get a processing thinking box when looking at my files. Using a galaxy s2.
  7. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

That probably has more to do with the cache the file viewing app uses than malware.
  8. 916x10

916x10 Well-Known Member

Zedge is absolutely safe
  9. stircrazy1972

stircrazy1972 New Member

Webroot flagged it with a Trojan virus today
  10. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Zedge is absolutely safe. It's even older than commercially available Android. LOL. I still remember the Nokia days where Zedge was my one-stop for ringtones and wallpaper. Plus viruses don't work on Android. Malicious apps do, but then the simple solution would be don't install any game or app not from Play Store. Wallpapers and ringtones are fine.
  11. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

Zedge is all well and good, but to me, it’s a waste of space. I make my ringtones on my PC, copy them to sd / media / audio / ringtones and select them in settings > sound > phone ringtone. As for AV apps, to me, another waste of space.
  12. PaulS

PaulS Well-Known Member

I run,"Avast" free anti-virus on my phone and PCs.Uses very little in resources and the phone version also has a stolen phone locator in it's options and you can even hide the fact that the phone is protected :)

HTH :)
  13. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Zedge been around for years, perfectly safe, legal, and is in the US, not China.
  14. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

I looked at Zedge website when I had the Symbian Nokia C6. I didn't exactly feel comfortable, so I edited tones from CDs and MID files in Ubuntu.