Zedge vs Andriod System settings to defaultSupport

1. akcrider

akcrider New Member

My boyfriend accidently set the default ringtone setting to the android system and now the box that would come up that asks you if you want to use Zedge or the android system as your default ringtone system does not come up anymore. My question is how do you reset that to go back to showing the box again so you can choose from Zedge or the android system?

Advertisement
    :
  2. sonicbluemustang

sonicbluemustang Well-Known Member

Try going in settings/applications and force stop and clear its data for zedge. If that dont work uninstall it then reinstall.
  3. hilldawg48

hilldawg48 New Member

I'm having the same issue where I cannot select any new/old ringtones from Zedge. I've tried the suggestion regarding force stop and clear and uninstall/reinstall Zedge but I'm having not luck. Any ideals how to reset to show the box again so you can choose from Zedge or the android system? Thanks in advance.
  4. hilldawg48

hilldawg48 New Member

OK...I found the answer to my question again by searching this forum. (Sorry I thought I did a search earlier.) Here are the results just in case someone has the same issue:

Do the following:

Setting > Applications > Manage > All > android system" > Select "Clear Defaults"
    Note: You have to scroll down to find the "Clear Defaults" button. <<< I didn't do this the first time.>>>

Tested and resulted in the pop-up reappearing.
  5. roadster

roadster Well-Known Member

have you tried loading another App to over ride it like tonepicker.

zedge is a ringtone site to dl tones, I did not know the set ringtones to. or do they.
  6. hilldawg48

hilldawg48 New Member

No I haven't tried tonepicker. I've been using Zedge for a while and Zedge gives the option to assign a ringtone to a particular function of my phone. SMS, Voicemail, Gmail...etc. Thanks for the suggestion regarding tonepicker I might check it out.
  7. pharmtech

pharmtech New Member

But what happens when the "clear default" box is grayed out? Tried uninstalling & reinstalling Zedge. That unfortunately didn't work.