• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Zeki Tablet Keeps Restoring Original Settings After Factory Resets

gordsmash

Lurker
Mar 21, 2015
So, I have a rather strange problem with a Zeki Tablet that I was going to completely factory reset for a friend. I've done multiple factory resets through the Power + Volume down button and wiped cache partition, wiped media partition, and did a wipe data/factory reset. And when I reboot the tablet, it loads up and everything seems wiped good; however, when I turn the device off and back on, the original settings before the factory reset are back. The apps are back, the errors are back, everything comes back the way it was before the factory reset.

Now, I have turned off the automatic restore option in the original settings, as well as in the factory reset settings. And even with doing that, the original settings still come back. The tablet is not connecting to my internet, so the original settings shouldn't be downloading back onto it.

I have also done a factory data reset in the Backup & Reset settings, including erasing the SD card completely, and yet that doesn't work either. Another weird thing is that when the original settings come back up, if I change any settings (such as enabling developer options) they won't save and again, the original settings are back up.

I have done multiple factory resets throughout the day, and I can't seem to find anyone else that has had this problem. Is there a completely surefire way of absolutely getting rid of everything on an android device?

And if it helps, the tablet has Android 4.3 on it.

Thank you.

Okay, so the only thing that I have been able to find online so far is this:
http://www.androidtablets.net/threads/wont-save-settings-or-apps-after-reboot.31017/

I suppose that possibly the internal SD card is corrupted/damaged (as stated in the 2nd post), thus preventing the device from saving anything or resetting anything. However, I'll still see if anyone has had these problems before doing anything to the tablet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones