ZenEXP 0.9.7

Last Updated:

1. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So at one point, according to polls, about 75% of us were running ZenEXP 0.9.6.2/3. Despite the bugs and issues it had due to being a GSM rom for the mytouch 3g, everyone loved it. In this new release, basically all the kinks have been worked out, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been anxiously awaiting this, enjoy!

Download ZenEXP-0.9.7

Advertisement
    00h2itr likes this.
  2. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

would ditching darchdroid for this rom be a good idea?? cons and pros??

3. stay_clean

stay_clean Well-Known Member

I never used DD, but ZenEXP 2.9.3 was my daily rom from the day I received my Hero in the mail and rooted it, until last week when I started flashing the CM6 nightlies.

Might have to Nandroid and try this out tomorrow, interested to see how improved it's gotten.

4. Joehunni

I'm downloading now as I really miss sense ui. As fast as aosp roms are, they just don't have that feeling... The last release was awesome so this will be even better.

5. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

i dont feel like doing research..but in a nutshell what's so good about this rom above all others?

6. stay_clean

The only real Sense thing I sort of miss is the Facebook For Sense. And only because it made uploading photos from the gallery incredibly, incredibly easy ha. Not like having it open Facebook app (I think..) from the gallery takes much longer, but hey. I used Launcherpro with it anyway, never much of a big Sense dude.

7. 00h2itr

00h2itr Well-Known Member

I'll be DLing and trying this out very shortly. Thanks for posting. I am still on the other ZenEXP ROM. I have been waiting for the Froyo ROM's to come to a final release version instead of development versions (I need a stable ROM) So I think I'll give this a go in the mean time.

8. ck4794

ck4794 Well-Known Member

honestly after following the link and looking at the "what's not working" part, this rom seems kinda sketchy, at least for the cdma sprint hero

9. stay_clean

Well, you have to remember, it's a port of a non CDMA, Sprint, AND Hero ROM. It's great, at least the previous version I used was. Super stable, fairly speedy (especially OC'd @ 710, which looks to be the default for this), pretty clean looking... If I wasn't busy today, I'd nandroid and flash this to see what's been improved.

10. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I love zen. My only problem is that I just got fresh EXACTLY how I wanted it :(

I'll probably try this soon though!

11. revtime

revtime Well-Known Member

My problem is the stuff not working. Is there a ROM out there where EVERYTHING works? This is the main reason I have not flashed a ROM, can't see the point of going from a ROM where everything works (stock 2.1) to a ROM where something, even if its just a piddly thing, is broken.
    Are the features and speed really that over the top that you guys put up with other things not working?

12. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Sorry Joe:)

If you have not flashed a rom, how can you say something is broken? Sure there are some minor issues in different roms, but comparing stock 2.1 to Zen, RC1 or Fresh. That's not even an argument. Try a rom before you say something is broken;)

13. stay_clean

Everything works in 2.1? Well, that's news to me. ;)

14. revtime

yeah everything works, ok Bluetooth is a little sketchy. I am going by what the devs have in the notes, this works and this doesn't.
    have not read about one yet where everything works. I am new to the rooting gig so point me in the direction of a good Rom and tell me why its better.

15. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

That depends on what you like, since most are either AOSP (froyo, buufed, darch 2.8...) or sense ui (zen, fresh,...) you'll have to find what you like best.
    Great thing about flashing a rom, you don't like it, flash something else;) Nandroid and try something new

Again, I would try a rom first before comparing it to stock 2.1. You won't be disappointed:)

16. revtime

So has anyone tried this ZenEXP? Does everything work? Could I use this as a daily ROM and rely on it?
    Thanks

17. sarspants

sarspants Well-Known Member

Anyone else having trouble downloading from the market? All my downloads get stuck on "Starting Download"

Nevermind---Something happened on my first boot that made me skip agreeing to the disclaimer.

18. TMay102

TMay102 Member

I have been using it without any problems. Everything that I need works. Very fast. No lag.

19. sarspants

sarspants Well-Known Member

I've never used a Zen EXP rom. How's the battery life compare to Fresh?

20. mrtimo

mrtimo Well-Known Member

Using this as my daily. Fantastic. No problems what so ever. Running it for a day and a half. much more space... better battery life... maybe 15% better than fresh... is my guess.

21. chuhsi

chuhsi Well-Known Member

any exchange problems? that's keeping from using fresh 2.3.3

22. rockstar420

rockstar420 Active Member

Yeah. I just started a using this rom yesterday. Simply put. Amazing. I never would have thought. But it's even a little bit faster and snappier then the last one. I love it.

The main reason I think the battery life sucked on the previous zen is the whole overclock widget (I believe most people used.) Now it's always overclocked. No widget or setcpu required. But I love this rom. The only thing I don't like much is the whole restart when changin themes. But it's bearable.

23. Rcecarbldr

Rcecarbldr Well-Known Member

OK, flashed this ROM last night to see if I liked it and within' 4 hours my battery was dead from 100%. I went into ZEN config. and changed to setting to Battery Saver but it's still sucking it faster than any ROM I've used so far. Any ideas?

24. Joehunni

I've been running this since within 15 minutes of it's release and it is by far my favorite rom to date. No issues, battery life is as good as ever, this is one of the very few roms i've been able to run for longer than like two days. If your battery is draining fast, use spare parts and dig around to find the source as it isn't the roms fault.

25. tjmeyers

tjmeyers New Member

I just flashed this and I tried to flash the sprint vmm but I keep getting an error with E signature?

How can I get voicemail?