ZenHeroFX 2.2 RC1

Last Updated:

1. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Neo31697

Neo31697 Member

This rom is still based off of the 2.1. the 2.2 sense rom will not be out for a while

3. toomuchgame441

Yea, but stock Froyo was fun for a minute. But I realized I get the same functionality (if not better with Flash back on my precious Hero) as I did with Froyo

4. mattheis

mattheis Well-Known Member

how does this compare to cm6 nightlies, speedwise? I'm still running 8/23, and now that its the weekend I'm going to flash the latest. but if this is anywhere near as solid as cm6 I might give it a shot. let me know.

5. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

cm6 will probably be faster speedwise, if you are talking benchmarks

6. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

But real life usage, it is very fast and smooth. I recommend it!

7. toomuchgame441

Speedwise I think its a hard choice but heres a reason why I think Zen MIGHT be quicker as far as far as real life usage. When I was on the Nighlites it had the ADW launcher and even after I overclocked it (768 I believe), it was still a bit sluggish here and there, it wasn't until I put on Launcher Pro where I saw that everything was a lot smooth as far as transitioning between screens and opening apps.

Now I've been Zen for a good day now, VERY quick... it has the HTC_IME keyboard working on it (my apk that I tried on RC1 didnt work for some reason). Its been overall fast. It is very light and I believe interanl storage is comparable to the Froyo builds, Flash is working (oh how I missed it), It has friendstream, and battery life is way better on this ROM than the froyo builds I've had on my Hero. Those alone is enough for me to stick with this ROM until that have a solid final release for 2.2. I'm hoping they can include Sense in it.

But the kudos to the developer of the RC1/Nightly ROMs, its been a blast trying Froyo out on my Hero.

8. uminchu

uminchu Well-Known Member

On an Evo, stock 2.2 outscores stock and most custom 2.1 ROMs by about 2:1 in Quadrant. If your looking for the flat out fastest Hero ROM, my money's on CM6.

9. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Cm6 may be faster on benchmarks but Sense roms still run smoother and better overall.