Zenithink C71 UpgradeSupport

1. PacificaBren

PacificaBren Well-Known Member

I've ordered a C71 Upgrade as a Christmas present for my mother, and I have a few questions I'm hoping somebody can answer.

First of all, when I Google reviews and comments on this tablet, I see people out there lamenting its lack of Bluetooth, yet when I look at it on Zenithink.com, I see them claiming that it does, in fact, have Bluetooth. I understand Zenithink.us is some kind of shady scam Web site, but I'm guessing Zenithink.com really is run by Zenithink, because they're not selling anything directly on that Web site.

So will this thing have Bluetooth? I'm thinking maybe the pre-upgrade C71s didn't have it?

Another question: Does this thing take SD cards, micro SD cards, or what? I've seen some references to it using some other type of card that I'm not familiar with, but I'm guessing that was just an alternate term for SD or micro SD?

Another thing I'm curious about is whether it will have a plastic or glass screen. Depending on which source you trust, you'll get different answers to that question.

And speaking of the screen, can anybody recommend a good screen protector? There are plenty of generic 7 inch screen protectors out there, and some are even listed as being compatible with the C71, but I just don't know which one to get.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide, and if answers are not forthcoming, I'll be sure to update this thread when the thing arrives and I've had a chance to figure it out myself.

Advertisement
  2. PacificaBren

PacificaBren Well-Known Member

So I've been putting apps on this device and getting it all configured for when I give it to my mom on Christmas, and I can now report back with some answers to some of my questions:

Yes, the screen is glass.

No, it doesn't have Bluetooth.

As for memory cards, it takes MicroSD cards. I'd been confused by the fact that the manufacturer said it used "PH cards," but I understand now that a PH card is the same thing as a MicroSD card.

As off-brand Chinese tablets go, the Zenithink C71 Upgrade is pretty nice. My only complaints so far:

1. When I try to download Jeopardy! or Wheel of Fortune from the Play Store, I'm told this device is not compatible with those apps. I'm sure it could run those apps just fine, and it's simply being discriminated against because it's a gray market import nobody's ever heard of.

2. The screen refresh rate for things like pinch-to-zoom is not as fluid-looking as it is on my Samsung Galaxy S2. It still works just fine, but it's slightly clunky looking, as if you're watching an animation that's skipping a few frames. This tablet has a dual core 1Ghz processor vs. the Samsung's 1.5 Ghz dual core, and maybe it takes more processor cycles or memory to keep up with a seven inch screen, as opposed to a phone screen? This is a very minor complaint, though, and I doubt it will affect my mother's enjoyment of the device.

3. The official, paid version of Pac Man runs kind of slow on this device. This, coupled with the above complaint about screen refresh rate, leads me to believe that if gaming is your thing, you may want to spend a little more and get a more mainstream tablet with a quad core processor. On the other hand, it could just be that Pac Man was coded poorly. I do recall seeing in the Play Store that other people had similar complaints about it.