• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Zenithink not booting

vince1

Jul 18, 2010
Ireland
Have had this unit for about a week and apart from the wifi issues it was working great till...... I just went to turn it on one evening and nothing. It gets as far as the ANDROID_ stage and then stops.
I have reset the unit several time and nothing.
Is there any other way of getting it back to life apart from Flashing it as just had it set up as I liked.
Thanks

Hi,I'm a new forum member. Half a year ago I purchased a Zenithink ZT-180 10.2" Android 2.1 Tablet ePAD.Mostly as a gift to my wife for reading ebooks. The device worked perfectly for about 2 months and than the front button stopped responding.Pushing other buttons(ON/OFF too) returns back to the main desktop. POWER OFF the device you can only pushing the reset or pushing ON/OFF for 10 sec.One month later it stopped working at all.Occasionally I noticed that after pushing the ON button the EPAD logo appears in 3 minutes. It takes additional 3 min for the device to boot. And so it worked till now.Two days ago it begins booting and stops at [ANDROID_] line and the cursor keeps flashing.
My main PC is Win XP SP3 32-bit.I tried to connect the Tablet but didn't find any USB-driver.
May be smb has any idea how to repair it.How can I enter the flashing mode with the front button not respond?
Appreciate every advice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones