• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Zenithink - Safely Eject USB

keezdawg

Lurker
Sep 11, 2010
I have a Zenithink ePad with an 8GB MicroSD card for music and pictures. When first set up the ePad scans the MicroSD card for music/picture files and catalogs it but each time it's removed the device has to re-catalog the items. Therefore when I want to add new media/install new apps/etc I want to simply load them from my USB or via WiFi.

Questions 1: Is there a way to "safely eject" a USB. I see the option to Safely Eject the SD Card that is mounted but not for USB. Each time I remove USB I get an error saying the USB (Udisk) has been removed unexpectidingly and the music/photo app has to re-catalog everything

Question 2: Is there a way I can copy the files over via WiFi (from my desktop to the device) so I can avoid this error?

Questions 1: Is there a way to "safely eject" a USB. I see the option to Safely Eject the SD Card that is mounted but not for USB. Each time I remove USB I get an error saying the USB (Udisk) has been removed unexpectidingly and the music/photo app has to re-catalog everything

Question 2: Is there a way I can copy the files over via WiFi (from my desktop to the device) so I can avoid this error?

For #1 you could umount the device via adb or a terminal window as root but short of that I don't know of any other way...

For #2 You could load 'ES file explorer' or an another explorer that supports access to network SMB (windows) disk shares and do the copy or you use ftp to copy the files if the server from which you're copying them had ftpd running.

Upvote 0
For #1 you could umount the device via adb or a terminal window as root but short of that I don't know of any other way...

For #2 You could load 'ES file explorer' or an another explorer that supports access to network SMB (windows) disk shares and do the copy or you use ftp to copy the files if the server from which you're copying them had ftpd running.

So simply run an FTP server from my desktop and access it through an FTP client from my Android tablet or is the browser able to handle FTP requests?

Upvote 0
So simply run an FTP server from my desktop and access it through an FTP client from my Android tablet or is the browser able to handle FTP requests?

At least xscope browser (one I prefer on tablet) can handle ftp requests... I suspect original browser can too just I've never tried it... one thing to keep in mind is that typically browsers download to a specific directory by default (i.e. /sdcard/.../downloads) so you may have to look for where this is first time...

Upvote 0
At least xscope browser (one I prefer on tablet) can handle ftp requests... I suspect original browser can too just I've never tried it... one thing to keep in mind is that typically browsers download to a specific directory by default (i.e. /sdcard/.../downloads) so you may have to look for where this is first time...

Thanks for the info! I was expecting that it would be sent to my /sdcard/downloads and I could simply use the move function to copy it to another directory

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones