• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zenithink ZT-180 1GHz 10" tablet

Just got back from the post office to mail back my defective ZT-180 it cost me 40.00 to send it off.

The Touch screen is defective it is showing multiple touch when I
click on the screen and the tablet crashed when I try to play music
from the SD card slot or the USB slot.

When I try to play music from the USB or the SD card slot I get The
application Music (process com.android.music) has stopped
unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close option shows up also I
click unmount SD card and I get the Process android.process.media has
stopped unepectedly please try again errors I flashed to the old firmware and back to the new firmware and it still gave me the errors so I sent it back.

Upvote 0
Hi Guys! Wow, I've learned so much about this thread. I'm expecting my Zenithink on Monday next week. Purchased it on Ebay on Http://www.mp15.net
I really hope I made the right decision on buying there.

As i understand, 1st thing I would do when i get the unit is flash it with the 0827 firmware. Then do the Txpowerfix. that would get me started on the Zenithink. Hope there is no defect on what i purchased since it would come from China (I'm in the Philippines by the way)

Anyway, thanks for everyone who contributed here, and if i have problems with my unit, expect that i would be asking in this thread.

Thank you all :)

Upvote 0
Hi, got my ePad for about a week now, it's been a love/hate relationship, love cause it does what it said and it's fun... Hate, cause I get some error message everytime when I boot up the tablet (certain app stoped working, etc). which gets annoying, I've also did the mod for the antenna (adding a wire, etc), and got Market to work (after reading for 8 hours and doing test on 8 hours and then realized how simple it was - the instructions here doesn't seem to be 'noob' friendly but once you get the hang of it, it works).

I do have another question, in the Market, how come certain apps appears on my Android phone but it doesn't show up for the Tablet? one example is the app called Square. I can find it on my HTC Hero but it is not searchable via the zt-180. Any suggestion?

Upvote 0
I thought that some more experiences would help future users - this forum was a great help deciding what to buy. Thankyou all.

10th September Ordered 1 x Epad ZT180 10 inches Android 2.1 MID 1080P Video G-sensor (Epad-ZT180) from jiongtang.com. EMS courier.
21st September Received box with pad, power adaptor, lan adaptor and a power cable. Also one screen protector which fits over the visible area. I'm in Ireland.

All fine out of the box, I will not go over stuff already posted.
WiFi seems to be fixed, it works fine all over the house and out into the chicken coop (25metres). Works in the bedroom which is 15m and three concrete walls away from router.
The firmware on it is 0830.
No Market, but Slide installed and working fine.
Doesn't play flash video, google mobile youtube doesn't work. (yet, I have read the posts)
Warning to iphone users - the screen is not the same type of touch control, needs much firmer touch but when you stop thinking it's an iphone it's fine.
Battery life seems ok, I have the screen brightness up high and I have been getting about two hours, suits me fine.
I have got a few 'parsing errors' on app installations.
I tried Opera mini, but the built in browser seems to work a lot better.
The orientation sensor needs quite a clear rotation to work.
I haven't had to press the reset button yet, though the unit did hang and reboot itself twice in about 12 hours of use.

All in all it is just what I expected, a bit hairy round the edges but nothing that is unexpected given the price.

Having said that I wouldn't be buying one for my mother.

I suppose the longer the manufacturer sticks with the same hardware the more likely it is that the firmware updates will continue, as it stands the unit is very close to being right.

Special thanks to OP Laharl, icurafu, jtbnet, n4sa for clearing the path.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone, I'm a grandad who is trying to keep up with the G/children, they have iPads which I can't afford !!!, whilst browsing around the net I came on your website so I thought I would ask the experts.
Which of the 10" tablets on the market is the best ???, hmmm not an easy question I suppose, my own uses are photgraphy, the net, drawing and painting via a Wacom tablet.
How many of my interests are compatible with these tablets I havn't a clue, so could some kind person point me in the correct direction please.
thanks,
Norman

Upvote 0
Hmm... for me it works every time... when I select airplane mode is says disabling wireless while greyed out, but Never finishes and goes un-grey... once I go click the bluetooth button on power control bar it says updating bluetooth, but of course can't really enable something that isn't present but seems to have cleared the settings as I can then go back and airplane mode is clear again...

OK so I am a total noob on this. I have searched the web for a power control widget that will allow me to download it to my Zenithink apad but everything seems to require that phone number to let it work. Is their a work around on it. I will gladly pay for the software I just need to know how to get it done. Airplane mode is stuck and it will not let me stop it. I have tried a couple of blue tooth downloads but they have no effect. HELP

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

Received my Epad last week , now trying different stuff on it.
Is there a way to make a backup of existing image? Getting tired if it crashes to flash it each time and put apps on it.

Thanks

Unfortunately Not... I have a thread going over on Slatedroid where I thought I had it working but then had to recant as backup wouldn't boot reliably after restore...

Upvote 0
LarryMac1, I'm planning on just looking for the 830 FW on the net, but I got mine Just this morning and it already have the 830 FW in it :)

Thanks. Just got mine 2 weeks ago but couldn't find a version number. I am guessing it is an 830 as well. Got that stupid airplane mode and can not get it off, nor get a contro widget to turn it off. Driving me crazy. I don't even know if the wifi works.:(

Upvote 0
I want to play fair here. How do you give thanks on here?

To offer thanks on this forum, simply press the
post_thanks.gif
button located to the right of the post.

Upvote 0
This looks terrific. I have been struggling to find a way to let my ZT180 access my Adhoc network. However, it appears that these two files are write protected; I can't save them after I make the edits you suggest. I also can't delete or copy over the files. I know how to change file properties in Windows, but how do you do that with Andriod files?

The post above got me started on this again and I finally got it working reliably;

RT2870STA TxPower + Adhoc support Patch
==========================================================================
For the TxPower + Adhoc Patch...;

adb connect Tablet-IPADDR:5555
adb -s Tablet-IPADDR:5555 shell
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

- Edit the /etc/Wireless/RT2870/RT2870STA.dat file to
make Change to lower TxPower to 20% + Change NetworkType to Adhoc by
setting Adhoc SSID and NetworkType...

#The word of "Default" must not be removed
CountryRegion=5
CountryRegionABand=7
CountryCode=
ChannelGeography=1
SSID=AndroidTether
#NetworkType=Infra
NetworkType=Adhoc
WirelessMode=5
Channel=0
BeaconPeriod=100
# Full 100% Power
#TxPower=100
# 20% TX Power Runs Much Cooler and better perf
TxPower=20
#
BGProtection=0
TxPreamble=0

- Edit /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf to to contain ONLY
the network relevant data you need such as;
# ap_scan gets cleared every time you switch to Infrastructure Connection
# Adhoc Priority Must be highest number of all networks to get picked up in scan

# Globals
ctrl_interface=ra0
update_config=1
ap_scan=2

# Adhoc network with None.
network={
ssid="AndroidTether"
scan_ssid=1
mode=1
key_mgmt=NONE
priority=999
}

Upvote 0
This looks terrific. I have been struggling to find a way to let my ZT180 access my Adhoc network. However, it appears that these two files are write protected; I can't save them after I make the edits you suggest. I also can't delete or copy over the files. I know how to change file properties in Windows, but how do you do that with Andriod files?
Follow this How-To:

iBeau dot net Easy Root & txPower fix on Zenithink ZT-180

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones