• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zenithink ZT-180 1GHz 10" tablet

Thanks, that's making a little more sense. I think this would be in the thumb implementation, which is the T part of the chip name. ARMv6TEJ.

JT's Digital World Zenithink 10 inches Cortex-A8 Ipad Clone ZT180

the linpack score is even much higher than Nexus One and Galaxy S

I think Zenithink just use a ARM11, and use ARM11-optimized JIT patch to get such a high score

With a JIT patch, a samsung i5700(ARM11 800MHz) can get a linpack score of 7.5-8Mlops
Compared with this, Zenithink's 1GHz ARM11 will get 9.5-10Mflops, which is sensiable.
While a true cortex-A8 without JIT get 7MFlops(Nexus One) or 8 MFlops(Samsung Galaxy S)

Upvote 0
Hello. I'm kind of a noob in this whole tablet business but I'm really looking at getting this Zenithink 10 in tablet. I was just browsing aliexpress.com and I came upon 2 products which looks VERY similar but have different prices. Do u guys know the difference between them?
<snip>
Thanks

Don't buy any of those. They have contradictory information. telechips is a competitive chip. It looks like the seller is keyword spamming. If you wanna know the place I recommend, just look at my previous posts.

Upvote 0
Hello All.
I have not received my APAD as of yet, should be in the next few weeks. It has the 1ghz zt-180. It will have android 2.1. The question I have is, is the cpu the same as ARM A8? The reason is flat computing will be releasing android 2.2 and wanted to know if this will work. All the specs seem exactly the same, the only thing is it says Arm A* cortex, and mine is as I stated the ZT 180.

ROM

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
n4sa - the only online shop i have personally read users have recieved a ZT-180 pad from so far is the jiongtang shop at JTSHOP

there are a few other places like wiipad.us, androidtime, merimobiles that are selling them. i know merimobiles has shipped 7" models before but i have read they have shipped 10" yet. i could be wrong but.

hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Hello. I'm kind of a noob in this whole tablet business but I'm really looking at getting this Zenithink 10 in tablet. I was just browsing aliexpress.com and I came upon 2 products which looks VERY similar but have different prices. Do u guys know the difference between them?

Wholesale android 2.1 mid Product-Wholesale 10inch MID handheld pc ZT 180 with Android 2.1 OS Tablet PC 1GHz 256MB RAM Laptop free shipping

and:

Wholesale 10" laptop Product-Wholesale 10inch MID EPAD UMPC ZT 180 with Android 2.1 OS Tablet PC 256MB RAM Laptop Telechip Dual core

I've tried chatting with the store owner but she isn't responding. Any help will be appreciated :)

Thanks

Be careful of aliexpress ! And be more weary of Emily Wang, I have heard different things about this seller. I know some people who ordered tablets off her that have a lot of problems.

Reactions: mlist
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Like I said im pretty new to the tablets but very good w/ the android software in general. But what you are saying is the rom being put out by them and the one being put out by Flatcomputing can be used on Zenithink ZT-180 1GHz 10" tablet?

Thanks in advance

I'm pretty new to all of this also, but from what I can understand (and I have nothing to do with the development of this, I'm just sharing information.) is that "Willo" on slatedroid is working on the software upgrades for this unit, that should be out next week. From what is on that forum it seems that the upgrades will be compatible with both Zenethink and the flatpad (read a few posts back, someone asks that question).

I am hoping I am right, if I have interpreted it wrong, please correct me.

Also, I was just reading that the zenethink tablets have mislabeled processors? They are actually not Cortex A8's but actually Arm11 (v6) with JIT enabled.

From what the forum says it seems as if android 2.2 will work stably with those processors.
ZeniThink ZT-180 Specifications Faking, Not ARMv7 A8-Cortex!

Reactions: icurafu and onyx024
Upvote 0
Hi Guys

My unit just arrived today and have been having a few hiccups:-

1.) Battery doesnt seem to hold charge.

When charging, a faint red LED blinks, doesnt seem to go green or off even after 8 hours. Whats the normal charge period and whats to be expected when its fully charged.

For now, I am using it on AC power adapter.

2. Wi-Fi cant connect.

It detects my AP, but fails to connect, have set to WPA, WPA2-PSK modes as well. The AP is 2-Wire, will try with another brand tomorrow.

3.) Performance is reasonable, smooth response to touch etc. However tried setting live wallpaper and screen goes crazy! Isnt this supposed to have a Cortex-A8 at 1Ghz with VR chip for video?

@Wowawiwa, could you upload the inside pics somewhere other than megaupload or rapidshare, I would really love to take a peek at the chips used. Thanks.

Regds
Jay

Upvote 0
I've been able to take inside pictures of the Zenithink device, if posted them on Rapidshare. In the mean time i try figuring out how to get the USB debugging enabled to get some more information about it. At the moment i can't get any information from dmesg, the mini-usb port won't give out any signals till so far.

Please take a look at the pictures download them at MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Ive also opened a thread on the XDA developers site in hope to get some more information
on this device.

Looking at the device specifications it looks like this one

The processor is particularly suited to high-performance applications.

• Frequency from 600MHz to 1GHz and above
  • High-performance, Superscalar microarchitecture
  • NEON

Upvote 0
Hi Guys

My unit just arrived today and have been having a few hiccups:-

1.) Battery doesnt seem to hold charge.

When charging, a faint red LED blinks, doesnt seem to go green or off even after 8 hours. Whats the normal charge period and whats to be expected when its fully charged.

For now, I am using it on AC power adapter.

2. Wi-Fi cant connect.

It detects my AP, but fails to connect, have set to WPA, WPA2-PSK modes as well. The AP is 2-Wire, will try with another brand tomorrow.

3.) Performance is reasonable, smooth response to touch etc. However tried setting live wallpaper and screen goes crazy! Isnt this supposed to have a Cortex-A8 at 1Ghz with VR chip for video?

@Wowawiwa, could you upload the inside pics somewhere other than megaupload or rapidshare, I would really love to take a peek at the chips used. Thanks.

Regds
Jay

Where did you buy yours?

Upvote 0

How long did it take to get the unit shipped to you? What shipping method did you choose?
I'm in Canada and I have no idea how long the wait time is.
I bought a refurb iPod Touch from the Apple Store it came from Hong Kong. Took less than a week.

Thanks
R

Upvote 0
How long did it take to get the unit shipped to you? What shipping method did you choose?
I'm in Canada and I have no idea how long the wait time is.
I bought a refurb iPod Touch from the Apple Store it came from Hong Kong. Took less than a week.

Thanks
R

if your thinking about ordering one, you might be best off waiting a little bit....
ZeniThink ZT-180 Specifications Faking, Not ARMv7 A8-Cortex!!

I don't know whats going to happen, it seems as if all suppliers are accepting refunds?
Kinda sucks for me I have one on the way and its going to cost a bit to send it back..... I dont know what I am going to do, probably just keep what I have coming, I guess its not that bad.

Upvote 0
if your thinking about ordering one, you might be best off waiting a little bit....
ZeniThink ZT-180 Specifications Faking, Not ARMv7 A8-Cortex!!

I don't know whats going to happen, it seems as if all suppliers are accepting refunds?
Kinda sucks for me I have one on the way and its going to cost a bit to send it back..... I dont know what I am going to do, probably just keep what I have coming, I guess its not that bad.

What you think..
Orphan16 and zenPad4 (zenPad 4 10.2" inches with Android 2.1 and WiFi also with Fake CPUs?

Upvote 0
What you think..
Orphan16 and zenPad4 (zenPad 4 10.2" inches with Android 2.1 and WiFi also with Fake CPUs?

Orphan M16 is real form what I know... Thank seems like the only one thats is certain.
As for Enso, their current ones are fake I think, but the ceo/president just stated on slatedroid that they are switching ... I don't know anything about this company other than what was posted today in another thread..
http://androidforums.com/tablets-mids/138797-new-enso-zenpads.html

Upvote 0
Orphan M16 is real form what I know... Thank seems like the only one thats is certain.
As for Enso, their current ones are fake I think, but the ceo/president just stated on slatedroid that they are switching ... I don't know anything about this company other than what was posted today in another thread..
http://androidforums.com/tablets-mids/138797-new-enso-zenpads.html

i think the Orphan16 also uses the zt-180 fake cpu
this text is from the offical homepage:
"The Orphan M16 has now been officially released. The M16 is a high specification Android 2.1 aPad tablet PC. The tablet is not locked or restricted. Sporting the ultrafast Zenithink ZT-180 system architecture and a Cortex A8 CPU at it's core."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones